Zonal Health and Nutrition Coordinator – World Vision Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, March 31, 2023
Organization: World Vision Ethiopia
Position: Zonal Health and Nutrition Coordinator
Employment: Full time
Location: Jarso, Oromia
Experience Level: Senior Level (5 years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: March 30, 2023
Deadline: April 12, 2023
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION HOLDER WILL BE:
- Working with other sectors PMs to analyze needs in the area and propose activities & locations accordingly.
- Provide inputs for the development of a concept note and/or project proposal with other sectors with a view to developing shared and integrated approaches.
- Ensuring quality implementation of health nutritional packages, including CMAM/IMAM, IMNCI, ANC-PNC, IPLS
- Develop Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), Project Procurement Plan, Supply Plan at start of a project.
- Develop M&E tools (APR) for ongoing and new projects in collaboration with MEAL Teams.
- Participating in the preparation and execution of health and nutritional assessments (provide information to those conducting the study: local geographical, economic, social and anthropological data)
- Conduct rapid needs assessments as required in collaboration with other WVE sectors.
- Creating and developing a network for the detection and referral of clients, notably by the use of community mobilization techniques
- Preparing timely procurement requests according to BoQ and budgets, monitoring and controlling nutrition stocks & consumption in collaboration with supply chain, Logistics/fleet, Hub Leads and HO technical teams.
Objective 2: P&C Management and staff development
- Determine the HR needs for the implementation of the health and nutrition activities.
- Taking part in the recruitment of staff in line with P &C procedures and in consultation with P&C coordinators/Managers
- Conduct staff appraisals and support Zonal Coordinators in the implementation of staff appraisals & development of work/action plans.
- Develop and follow up on individual work/ action plans.
- Identifying the training needs of WVE teams on the basis of skills assessments and observation in collaboration
- Organizing and carrying out training sessions, On Job training, Mentoring and Supervision
- Organize and lead (in collaboration with TA) monthly team meetings to identify challenges and track progress in the program implementation at the different centers and develop action plan and follow up accordingly.
- Organizing and leading meetings with the team and individual staff members, on both a regular and ad hoc basis
- Follow up on staff leave planning, absence, late coming in collaboration with P&C
Objective 3: Develop and direct operations.
- Contribute to the development of the WVE Health & Nutrition strategy and roll out strategy as required.
- Analysis and follow up of the health and nutrition situation in the region- outbreaks, health and nutrition status and other issues affecting the health and nutrition status of the population.
- Contributing to the preparation of new project proposals (text, budget, BoQ and HR needs) in collaboration with other other sectors’ PMs, Coordinators and Nutrition & health Technical Advisor/specialists
- Ensure accurate and quality monthly reporting (MMR narrative and quantitative report,SiTrip Reports
- Ensure that staff are adhering to the reporting and recording system (beneficiary cards, register books, daily, weekly, monthly reports)- accuracy and timely submission.
- Contribute to donor reporting (frequency according to the donor requirements) by compiling and writing of nutrition narrative on progress while ensuring accurate data.
- Presenting the Health and Nutrition program to partners (the authorities, donors etc).
Objective 4: Internal and External Coordination
- Participate in the different external coordination mechanisms at Regional, Zonal and woreda level.
- Develop network of contacts at base level (INGOs, LNGOs, government, technical or scientific) to allow a smooth implementation of the project.
- Provide updates on WVE health and nutrition activities in the different external coordination meetings.
- Provide technical inputs according to WVE guidelines, positioning papers, and strategy in the external coordination mechanisms as well as technical working groups.
- Liaison with international and local partners regarding health and nutrition activities
- Lead and provide support to health and nutrition team on external partners’ (including donor visits) field visits – represent WVE, development of briefing papers etc.
- Share minutes of meetings attended including summary of action points.
- Ensure timely submission ENCU and Health Cluster report at national level/sub national.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum five years working experience with NGOs in Emergency Health and Nutrition programs;
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Master’s degree in public health or nutrition with clinical health background (degree in Public Health or Clinical Nursing) from accredited universities or health colleges
- ToT training in Acute Malnutrition 2019 revised guideline
- ToT training in revised 2019 IMAM guideline
- Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS)
- Certificate of training on SPHERE standards
- Trained on Family MUAC approach
- Health and Nutrition Assessments/Survey ToT/basic training
- Training on IMNCI/ICCM/FP/EPI and PHEM
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge on Red Cross/Red Crescent Code of Conduct, WV’s disaster management cycle and Sphere standards Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication Demonstrated skills in CMAM/IMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring. Experience in cascading family MUAC approach Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment. Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours, and out of assigned implementation area Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions; Excellent training and facilitation skills, and Negotiation’s skills Strong adherence to World Vision values; Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity; Prepared to live and work in an remote and uncertain security environment Fluent in oral and written English, Amharic and other local language will be an advantageous.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Willingness to work in TFP/SFP centers
- 100% travel to nutrition rehabilitation centers including over the weekends
- English and Amharic plus the local language is advantageous
How to Apply
Following the Link attached here under you can apply on Work day International Job.net. CLICK HERE
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply with world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
For more vacancy alerts like this World Vision Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram