WASH Officer – PH, Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancy Announcement; March 16, 2023
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Position: WASH Officer – PH
Employment: Full Time
Experience Level: Mid Level (4 years)
Number of Positions:
Date of Announcement: March 15, 2023
Deadline: March 28, 2023
The Norwegian Refugee Council is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Main purpose of the position is to ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the WASH-Hygiene promotion activities in IDPs and Host community in Benishangul Gumuz and neighbouring regions of Amhara and Oromia regions, Ethiopia.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
- Supervise Hygiene Promotion activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle, in training, and in the use of tool kits and other materials.
- Supervise WASH activities and resources so that they are implemented and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Recruit, train, and manage subordinate/Public Health Promotion agent’s staff including performance appraisal.
- Organize day-to-day logistics, administration, and personnel activities together with the other sectors.
- Carry out informal and formal training sessions (according to identified needs) and evaluate the impacts of these trainings.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH program.
- Responsible for overall school WASH activities including training and follow ups.
- Identification and provision of water treatment chemicals and give them orientation on how to use it.
Generic professional competencies:
- First degree or postgraduate in Environmental Health/ Public health nursing or similar relevant discipline.
- Minimum four years’ experience of working as a WaSH-PHP Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in implementation of software components of WaSH activities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in WaSH programming and integration with nutrition and health sectors
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Amharic, both written and verbal. Knowledge of local language is advantageous.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential. Experience with other computer programs such as SPSS, SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by 28 March 2023 at 5:00 pm.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”
Click HERE to view on source and apply
For more vacancy alerts like this Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram