USAID Response Leadership Activity
Application Call – Second Cohort Fellowship Announcement, September 28 2023
Bahir Dar University is implementing a five year national project titled USAID Response Leadership Activity in partnership with 11 public universities, 7 ATVETs and three key host organizations. The project signed on July 27/2022 to be implemented for the next consecutive years. This project aimed to build the next young generation of Disaster Risk Management (DRM) professionals by equipping them with the skills that they need through a two years fellowship program to actively engage in the Disaster Risk Management system. As it is known, in the first cohort fellowship program, 150 fellows of Disaster Risk Management and related graduate professionals were allocated at various levels of Government organizations, and fellows received short-term training to improve their skills and competencies and to get ready for their workplace skills. The second cohort fellowship program will host 150 fellows graduated from Partner Universities in different fields of study based on the host organization demands during human resource need assessment. The application for USAID Response Leadership Activity’s Second Cohort fellowship program is open to all eligible applicants graduated from partner universities regardless of their race/ethnicity, age, religion, geographic location, socioeconomic status, disability, or gender identity.
I. Fellowship Approach:
• The fellowship program aims to build the next young generation of Disaster Risk Management and related professionals who are capable enough to shoulder the current Disaster Risk Management demand of Ethiopia and to fill the professional gap in the sector. During the two years fellowship program, fellows will have a chance to build their capacity through short term tailor made trainings, on job training, professional development, Disaster Risk Management Leadership opportunity and networking in their work place.
• The program will provide monthly stipend to cover the expenses of successful fellows
• The fellows will be provided short term training and placed in different Government organizations to practice and improve their professional skills through on job training, and mentorship.
II. Eligibility Criteria
• Recent Graduates: The most recent first-degree graduates (not more than 4 years) in eligible fields of study graduated from Bahir Dar University, Ambo University, Gambella University, University of Gondar, Wollo University, Samera University, Jigjiga University, Mekelle University, Hawassa University, Jimma University, and Arba Minch University. Priority will be given for very recent graduates, when the numbers of applicants are increased.
• BA/BSc graduates: First Degree graduates with Disaster Risk Management and Sustainable Development, Health Officer, Public Health, Occupational Safety and Health, Plant Science, Animal Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Health Science, Environmental Science, Food and Nutrition, Management, Economics, Water resource and hydraulics engineering, Industrial engineering, Civil engineering, Information Communication Technology, Computer Sciences, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, and Computer engineering.
• Candidates who have passed the Ministry of Education Exit Exam (Note: this is only for this year fresh graduates (2022/23))
• Unemployed youth: Candidates who are unemployed and can provide unemployment letter from authorized government offices (Residence Kebele Administration).
• Language Proficient: Candidates who are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English. Candidates who are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking working language of the specific region to be assigned is highly desirable.
• Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
III. Expected Commitments of fellows
• Willing to work with any Government organizations at all levels in Ethiopia
• Willing to work in remote areas where vacant positions are available
• Willing to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the culture, norms and opinions of others in the workplace
• Prepare weekly attendance and monthly reports reflecting learning and job experiences.
• Willing to adhere to the universities and their host organization code of conduct, values and principles.
IV. Application Date
• Open date: September 25, 2023
• Closing date: October 15, 2023
V. How to Apply
Interested applicants who are eligible for the program must complete the online application form (https://forms.gle/zBP43kEPXCKbKLx1
9) along with a copy of required credentials and recent Letter of unemployment from concerned government organizations.
Please read the application instruction carefully before applying.
For more information visit https://www.bdu.edu.et/rla/.
USAID Response Leadership Activity Office
Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
Arba Minch University
University of Gondar
@Ethiopia DRM Commission
Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC),
AA Fire& DRM commission
For more fellowship alerts like this USAID Response Leadership Activity Application Call – Second Cohort Fellowship Announcement; follow us on Telegram