UNAIDS Internship 2023, September 25 2023
Position: UNAIDS Internship 2023
Contract type: Internship
Duration of contract: 2 to 6 months, depending on the need of the welcoming division. The internship may take place in-person or remotely, depending on needs of the hiring division.
Date: 6 September 2023
Application Deadline: 15 December 2023
Organization unit: Only candidates who do NOT already receive any financial support, may be eligibe to receive a stipend.
Duty station: Multiple Duty Stations Various
The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations-UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank-and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Learn more at unaids.org.
**A stipend may be offered by UNAIDS to contribute to intern’s living expenses, only to candidates NOT already receiving financial support.**
Interns will be provided with genera medical illness, accident and emergency illness coverage insurance.
Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution,
OR have completed a course of study and have been awarded an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree at a recognized educational institution within the past year.
If candidates are recent graduates they will be expected to start the internship within 12 months of their date of graduation.
Contractual Terms and Conditions:
– Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
– Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
– Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
– Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
– Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
– Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
Candidates must be at least 20 years of age at the date of application and have a working knowledge (both oral and written) of at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) required in the office of internship.
Candidates should be holders of a valid passport/ID from WHO/UNAIDS Member State. Persons with immediate family members employed by the UNAIDS Secretariat (e.g. son/daughter, brother/sister or mother/father) are not eligible for internships.
UNAIDS may only offer an internship to candidates who have NOT previously participated in UNAIDS’ internship program.
How to Apply
Please visit UNAIDS’s e-Recruitment website at: https://erecruit.unaids.org to review and apply to positions. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
For more vacancy alerts like this UNAIDS Internship 2023, join us on Telegram