Transition Regions HIV program care and treatment Manager – Federal Ministry of Health Vacancy Announcement, April 24 2023
Organization: Federal Ministry of Health
Position: Transition Regions HIV program care and treatment Manager
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa, with the frequent travel to regions
Salary: 57417.00 ETB
Date of Announcement: April 24 2023
Deadline: April 30, 2023
Ministry of Health would like to invite competent and interested applicants for the following positions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Under the direct supervision of the HIV care and treatment desk coordinator and HIV prevention and control Lead Executive Officer, the transition regions (Dire Dawa, Harari, Somali, Benishangul, Afar, Sidama, Southwest and Uniformed services) HIV care and treatment manager will undertake the following activities:
- Participate in national and regional HIV program supportive supervision with timely written feedback to RHBs and agencies. –
- Participant in the development and updating of supportive supervision tools.
- Participate on the supportive supervision at selected sites.
- Help in providing summary written feedback to RHBs and agencies on supportive supervision findings and recommendations in a form of action points with timeline.
- Provides technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Leads need assessment and prioritizations required in the implementation of HIV care and treatment services
- Provides technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Adult/Adolescent chronic HIV Care, PMTCT & TB/HIV for Regional Health Bureaus
- Provides technical trainings related to Adult/Adolescent HIV Care and treatment & TB/HIV care.
- Assists the MOH and the RHBs in developing/adapting, updating different guidelines, working formats, monitoring and evaluation indicators of HIV and TB/HIV services.
- Takes the lead in developing mentorship and service quality assurance guidelines and standard procedures and tools for Adult/Adolescent HIV Care and Treatment & TB/HIV services.
- Responds to consultations from transition regions on Adult/Adolescent HIV Care and treatment & TB/HIV service and periodically check the quality of adult/adolescent clinical services and give feedback to the regional offices.
Prepare monthly quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports
Required educational background and work experience:
- Required educational background and work experience:
- Physician with MPH with a minimum 12 years relevant work experience out of which at least of 6 years’ experience in HIV care and treatment & TB/HIV programs or BSc in health related fields with MPH/MSc of 12 years of relevant work experience out of which at least 8 years in HIV care and treatment & TB/HIV programs at various levels, preferably at national and regional level.
- Experience in implementing nationally and globally recommended TB/HIV prevention and control strategies at regional and national levels.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in HIV program capacity building (such as, facilitation skill, training, supportive supervision, mentoring, coaching).
- Preferable work experience working as a member of HIV Technical working groups.
- Experience in development of national documents related to HIV Programs
- Demonstrated capacity in supporting region, zone and Woreda health offices and health facility staff in implementation HIV program and services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective result-based working relationship with staff at national and regional levels and partner organizations.
- Computer literacy: Routine use MS-office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and internet and email systems required.
- Ability to use additional statistical analysis packages is an advantage e.g. SPSS, Epi- Info
- Both the Civil service and MoH Human Resource Development (HRD) rules and regulations will be applied to guide the day to day activities and performance of the manager.
*As new priorities emerge, the MoH may periodically revise this TOR for this position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants are invited to submit their application indicating the Title of the Position, non-returnable CVs and copies of their educational and work experience credentials together with original documents to Competency and Human Resource Administration Executive Officer, within 7 consecutive working days from the first date of announcement. Qualifying women are encouraged to apply. If you fail to follow the instructions, you will be disqualified from the competition!
Competency and Human Resource Administration
Executive Officer, First Building, Ground Floor
Ministry of Health-Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
For more vacancy alerts like this Federal Ministry of Health Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram