Nurse – The Pharo Foundation Vacancy Announcement, July 22 2023
- Organization: The Pharo Foundation
- Position: Nurse
- Location: Asossa, BGRS, Gambela
- Date of Announcement:
- Deadline: Aug 4, 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer client inquiries about services.
- Induct clients on testing, products and PDCS recommendations.
- Properly pronounce, know the meaning of, spell and correctly use common procedures, Laboratory, Pathology terms.
- Assessing patients and gaining their trust.
- Planning and delivering patients’ care.
- Monitoring patients’ progress.
- Taking samples, pulses, temperatures, and blood pressures.
- Monitoring and administering medication.
- Writing records.
- Perform duties guided by familiarity with PDCS protocols and procedures.
- Perform duties with a customer service orientation, always keeping the client’s perspective in mind, trying to exceed expectations.
- Welcome clients and ensure that their time in the reception area is a positive experience.
- Orchestrate the flow of clients and PDCS to and from reception area (check in, invoice completion, check out, prescription and product sales).
- Review invoices and departing instructions with clients.
- Explain discharge instructions and handle client questions, even in the absence of detailed directions.
- Review estimates; discuss fees and payment; support PDCS payment policies.
- Assess and assist in the handling of clients and patients presenting as emergencies.
- Handle cash, credit, and debit transactions, make computer entries, and give change.
- End of shift accounting and balancing on paper and coordinating with computer and credit card information.
Schedule and Appointment Management
- Maintain an effective appointment schedule maximizing use of staff resources.
- Be familiar with and operate basic features of telephone and voice mail systems.
- Answer calls and effectively meet callers’ needs.
- Retrieve and deal with voice mail messages.
- Call clients to get or supply information or resolve issues.
- Navigate practice software efficiently and knowledgably.
- Locate client, patient, and practice information quickly to facilitate job performance.
- Enter and update client and patient information and medical notes.
- Prepare estimates and invoices and be familiar with invoice item codes.
- Prepare computer-generated forms including check-in documents, certificates, lab requests.
- Retrieve and relay email messages.
- Retrieve and file medical records in basement.
- File reports, results, waivers, etc. in appropriate folders.
- Organize brochures and client handouts.
- Maintain the professional and welcoming appearance of the reception area through cleaning and organisation.
- Contribute to monitoring and upkeep of office equipment.
- Participate in continuing education and homework assignments.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, mid-day rounds and reception meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College diploma or degree in Nursing.
- 3 years of experience in medical practice.
- Valid license to practice in Ethiopia.
- Competent in relevant computer skills: MS word, MS excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Great attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.
- High professional and ethical standards.
- Structured and process-oriented.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Motivated to learn and perform and not afraid to ask questions.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and add value by introducing positive change.
- Excellent communicator and comfortable to work in a team environment.
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality with solid leadership, interpersonal and diplomatic skills.