Survey Coordinator – Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy Announcement, March 28 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Position: Survey Coordinator
Employment: Full Time
Deadline: April 1, 2023
Required Number —-two
Duration of Contract: For 6months, with possibility of extension.
Report to: TB & HIV Research Directorate
Duties and responsibilities
- Conceptualize and manage a nationally representative multisite complex survey
- Carry out key survey activities such as coordinating, coaching and supervising field team, ensuring the quality of data, conduct data cleaning, and interpreting and reporting of findings
- Maintain and monitor the data collection process and adjust the system to operational activities’ needs with continued support
- Conduct direct supervision to the field staff at site level
- Oversee daily site activities and sure that the study is conducted as the protocol guidelines
- Prepare weekly report and update the project progress to central office at EPHI
- Work with the coupon manager to ensure safety of the data stored in the electronic coupon tracking system, as well as exported to backup flash drive.
- Forward data stored in the electronic coupon tracking system to the data manager in the head office weekly
- Conduct data management and transmission
- Manage stocks at site level and order materials to be purchased or delivered from central (EPHI):
Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a national organization mandated to manage, build research capacity, and promote and strengthen public health research activities in the country. The institute is also mandated to nationwide comprehensive health related data synthesis of evidence that public health related decision-makings rely on. Currently, EPHI in collaboration with FMOH is planning to conduct the HIV Bio Behavioral survey among people who inject drugs (PWID) in Ethiopia.
As part of implementing the study, the EPHI would like to announce a vacancy for competent and interested individuals for the following posts. The qualified individual will be functioning in collaboration with a member of the HIV survey team.
· Demonstrated experience in providing training on the quantitative research method
· Demonstrated experience in conducting in-depth interview and focused group discussion
- Excellent data organization, programming, communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team setting are required
- Profound knowledge and experience in conducting Bio-behavioral survey including, development of the survey tools, training research staff, supervising, and writing analytical reports as well as interpreting data and making recommendations;
- Experience in the area of HIV Key/priority population survey, and/or programmatic response
- Prior experience in coordinating a study using respondent driven sampling technique among PWID and/or FSWs.
Required educational Qualification
· MPH/MSc in the fields of Public Health, and having of 8+ years demonstrated experiences in designing and executing qualitative and quantitative study and analyzing qualitative data, technical report and manuscript writing
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.