SHEQ; Safety Health Environmental Officer – Zuqualla Horti PLC; July 3 2023
- Organization: Zuqualla Horti PLC
- Position: SHEQ; Safety Health Environmental Officer
- Location: unspecified
- Date of Announcement: July 3 2023
- Deadline: Jul 13, 2023
How does this post support Zuqualla’s strategy and mission?
Under the supervision of Compliance Manager, the post holder will supervise the Safety Coordinator, Cleaning Dis-infection, Canteen /Main Chef and Cooks/ and First Aid & Fire Brigade workers. He/she should liaise with other managers and staff throughout the company to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, he/she advise on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
Dimensions of Role:
The Occupational Health and Safety Officer (SHEQ) is in charge of the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of the business, He/she supervises and coordinates work systems to ensure that the products or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- To assist, develop and maintain company SHEQ programs and systems in written format and recording and through face-to-face contact, communication and team briefing.
- To support line management in delivering Site SHEQ objectives.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the company SHEQ management programs and systems.
- Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of our company and cleaning sites.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- To develop a monthly SHEQ Communication Strategy for all working areas and levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Assist compliance manager for preparations for annual audits and Quality Assurance
- Liaison with HR Dept. for initiating training plan and updating information for personal, audit requirements.
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
- Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and work accidents).
- Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Produces and coordinates the yearly SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ roadmap, prepares reports for monthly update of same to Management Meetings.
- Monitors the company “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Acts as Site “Dangerous Goods” Safety Advisor (DGSA).
- Any other (administrative) activities that falls within the range of
Dealing with Problems:
- Handling in a proactive way.
- Resolves challenges which typically occur in the department.
- Dealing with Complexity.
Reports to (position): Compliance Manager
- BSC in Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health, Environment, or Agronomy related fields
- Previous experience in SHEQ role would be preferable
Skills Specific to the Post
- First Aid Basic Certificate is Desirable
- Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate
- Environmental Management Systems Qualification
- Company preparation for Audits, Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards, Risk Assessment experience.
- Process Improvement, Analysing Information, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Emphasizing Excellence, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Basic Computer Skills, MS word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; both in English & Amharic
- Strong Leadership skill.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement are invited to submit documents via online job application system; email@example.com
For questions: 0911643004
For more vacancy alerts like this Zuqualla Horti PLC Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram