Quality Management Coordinator – Bethzatha Health Service PLC Vacancy Announcements; July 3 2023
Organization: Bethzatha Health Service PLC
Position: Quality Management Coordinator
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: Jul 10, 2023
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
This Quality management Coordinatorr has oversight and responsibility over all quality, risk management and patient safety related activities within the organization. Directs the efforts of all the performance improvement initiatives to ensure overall compliance with MoH, all regulatory standards including national, regional and other agencies. He/She works with clinicians and administrators to improve overall patient safety and systems-level outcomes. Responsible for the facilities quality, patient safety and risk management programs with an emphasis on patient safety, and harm reduction. Supports, promotes and encourages a culture of safety throughout the organization. Works with the senior management team in periodic planning and monitoring and reviewing organization performance
· Facilitates alignment between improvement initiatives and the organizations strategic plan; directs the day- to-day execution of the strategies and tactic necessary to successfully improve the outcomes and results of the organization.
· Initiate and lead the planning and monitoring and review process of the organization strategic and operational plan.
· Responsible for maintaining the facilities system-wide Quality program; to include data collection, aggregating and analyzing data, maintaining policies and procedures and reporting to administrators, Medical Staff and the CEO.
· Works closely with Clinical and Non-Clinical teams for improvement on key performance indicators, designs processes for new initiatives, services and other targets identified by BHS leadership.
· Serves as an internal consultant to administration, staff, and physicians in the areas of regulatory, process improvement, performance monitoring, and statistical analysis.
· Focuses on better healthcare value and quality, including the improvement of clinical outcomes, patient experience, patient safety, costs, revenue, productivity, efficiency, employee and physician satisfaction, and process reliability.
· Coordinate, manage and report Core Measures, KPIs and meaningful use measures and other quality metrics as assigned.
· Collects and reports periodic quality improvement data for the facility.
· Organize all Quality Management meetings, maintain minutes and makes recommendations to the committee based on best practice and current regulatory standards.
· Conduct internal audits and risk analysis as determined by the Quality Management Committee.
· Participate in nursing and physician peer review processes and chart reviews, as necessary.
· Mange and support physician peer review processes by ensuring the collection and analysis of data for provider, scorecards, quality metrics, etc.
· Analyzes all assigned areas for opportunities of improvement and makes applicable recommendations for process, system, procedure, and operational changes to improve healthcare value and quality ie: Core Measures, Hospital Acquired Conditions, etc.
· Assists in the establishment of operational performance measurements and the monitoring of trends in key performance indicators to evaluate effectiveness, reliability, efficiency, etc. using available information systems data. Where other data is necessary but not readily available, will design and implement appropriate data collection. Uses data from appropriate external sources, including comparative databases.
· Manages performance improvement projects, flow and alignment to assure milestones and key performance indicators are met within defined parameters. Documents the results of projects, and submits other documentation as requested.
· Participates in the Grievance Committee and works with department leaders to resolve investigations within the incident reporting system.
· Evaluate and document the effectiveness of the quality management system.
· Ensure organizational adherence to all ISO 9001 and other quality standards and regulatory requirements.
· Design, coordinate and maintain various aspects of the patient safety and risk management programs for all of BHS health facilities.
· Maintain records and log in issues tracking system and keep administration informed of occurrences.
· Review, investigate and analyse incidents for risk and adverse event identification, loss prevention and claims management purposes, including both potential and actual patient injury. Recommend interventions which will enhance the safety and well-being of patients, staff and organization at large.
· Mobilize departmental or administrative support to address unresolved high-risk practices.
· Collaborate and coordinate with administrators and other departmental leaders on all patient safety/ risk management issues.
· Masters/ Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, Healthcare Administration, or a similar field of study with a strong analytical base, required
· A minimum of (5) five years for Masters / (8) eight years’ experience health care related Quality Improvement initiatives required, Quality/Risk leadership, capacity building experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knoledge of National and international health care standards and regulations.
· Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
· Ability to develop policies and procedures.
· Ability to teach and evaluate clinical performance.
· Knowledge of system process analysis, quality/process improvement techniques, design, and integration, at a level of complexity associated with integrating processes across multiple departments of an organization.
· Possess a level of analytical ability to problem-solve, evaluate, plan, and direct process improvement projects and benchmarking activities for all clinical and non-clinical departments.
· Ability to compile, code and categorize, or verify information/data
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
· Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
· Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and maintain a positive attitude
· Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
· Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
· Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their CV through email address email@example.com or in person through the following address :
Bethzatha Hospital Administration office
Location:- Around Stadium
NB. Email applicants should write the position title on the subject line of their email. Otherwise their application should not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be conducted.
For more vacancy alerts like This Bethzatha Health Service PLC Vacancy Announcements, join us on Telegram