Project Officer – Ethiopian Diabetes Association Vacancy Announcement, August 30 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Diabetes Association
Position: Project Officer
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: September 2, 2023
The Ethiopian Diabetes Association was established on January 23, 1984 G.C (1976E.C) for the purpose of providing a forum to diabetes patients so that they can discuss ways of prevention, the provision of information, and treatment for all affected by diabetes. The initiative came from the Ethiopian Medical Association, healthcare professionals, and people who lived with diabetes at the time. It is the first patient-based association in the country.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare a detailed operational activity plan in collaboration with the program manager
- Facilitation and implementation of planned activities through proper coordination and provision of technical support.
- Timely execution of activities at a high-quality level
- Annual data sheet recording
- Working closely with Branch associations and hospitals
- Organize and coordinate training for EDA regional branch office focal representatives in program management & data collection procedures and program/project implementation. Produce project progress reports monthly, quarterly, semiannually, and annually.
- Establish & create a common understanding among implementing partners and ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Create smooth relationships with trainees, government bureaus, and other partners at different levels.
- Take part in program planning, proposal writing, documenting best practices, and monitoring project activities
- Organizing and updating the necessary information and data on diabetic children and young adults for the “Life for a child and CDIC” project
- Take responsibility for following the implementation and outcome of training in the respective project implementation sites of the Life for a Child project (LFAC)
- Take responsibility for the preparation of magazines, newsletters, and other publications of the LFAC project achievements as needed
- BSc nurse or other health-related fields.
- Experience in I/NGO environment is advantageous.
- Experience in managing/coordinating health programs in NGOs and familiarity with the Ethiopian health sector transformation plan
- Proven experience in program management or coordination with FMOH.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of working in NGO and DIABETIC areas at the National and /or International level.
How to Apply
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Diabetes Association Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram