Program Assistant – Korea Foundation for International Health Care (KOFIH) Vacancy Announcement, July 19 2023
Organization: Korea Foundation for International Health Care (KOFIH)
Position: Program Assistant
Location: Addis Ababa
Salary: 300 to 350 USD
Date of Announcement: July 9 2023
Deadline: July 23 2023
The Korea Foundation for International Health Care (KOFIH) is a Korean Government Agency under the Ministry of Health and Welfare working in many developing countries to create a development partnership and envisages seeing healthy community with particular focus on improving HSTP II with Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. For more information about KOFIH, visit website www.kofih.org.
The organization is seeking to recruit competent Program assistant who is focused on outcomes, excellent problem solver and strong communicant. to take charge and assist the implementation of health projects running in Ethiopia.
1. Program Assistant
Role of the program assistant
The role of the program assistant is to involve in providing program assistance to colleagues, clients and stakeholders of the business mainly responsible to assist implementation of program activities by communicating with partners and request information required for the implementation of all project relevant duties. Also responsible for providing administrative support to team members throughout the planning and implementation of the program activities by communicating between program participants and managerial staff, creating and updating program schedules and assisting in the planning and managing program’s events.
The program assistant should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations, Ideally, the candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable with an excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. Ultimately, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day program management of the organization.
Number of position: One
Location: Addis Ababa.
Date of advertisement: 10th July/2023 Deadline: 21/July/2023
Terms of employment: One-year based contract subject to 3 months probationary period with possibility for extension based on proven. performance. Salary for program assistant: Negotiable within the range starting
From 300 to 350 USD
The program assistant assists all projects activities of the organization for capacity building of Ethiopian Health Sector and advance the health of Ethiopian people. Responsibilities also include assist in developing, coordinating and implementing plans for the control, monitoring and reporting of financial operations including preparing project budget, financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing personnel administration costs, maintaining accounts payable and preparing reports. He/she will assist by providing technical support to KOFIH Ethiopia Office on program issues, reviews and compile reports of the project. The program assistant is also responsible for providing administrative support to team members throughout the planning and implementation of the program. Duties include communicating between program participants and managerial staff, creating and updating program schedules and assisting in the planning and managing program’s events.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Assist arranging meetings based on manager’s calendar and minute taking with partners
– Preparation of contracts for out sourced services.
– Processing payments as required.
– Maintaining office calendars and sending out reminders appointments of impending
– Drafting letters and reports as may be required from time to time.
– Proofreading and making copies of documents.
– Assisting in the planning and overseeing significant events.
– Assisting in managing the budget for special and routine events.
– Reserving equipment and conference rooms for presentations and in- office meetings.
– Review official documents from partners and act on it.
– Support staffs in coordinating & facilitating goods & services for the projects final report.
• Assist monitoring overall process of projects from budget execution to final report.
• Assist managing and take care of office supplies and assets at KOFIH
• Assist following up of the execution of project activities.
– Assists and follows up the compilation, preparation of report and submission to KOFIH Ethiopia Office and other relevant stakeholders as per the reporting schedule.
– Assist and follows up ensuring of the budget utilization if in accordance to the project plan and objectives.
– Performs other related duties as required by the office.
Minimum requirements/ Qualifications:
– University degree preferably in project management/business administration, health or in business-related field.
– Solid knowledge of program management.
– Strong budget development, tracking & reporting skills using computerized accounting programs
– Sharp time management skills. Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
– Strong budget development, tracking and reporting skills using computer software/computerized accounting programs.
• Excellent computer skills including MS word, Excel and other job related applications.
• Task-oriented individual, capable of working in high-stress environment.
• Must possess strong social and ethical qualities. Commitment to KOFIH’s vision, mission and values.
• Communication skills: Excellent oral and written English skills with ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas and strategies to variety of audiences.
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Teamwork and collaboration skills
• Adaptability skills
• Work ethics
• Financial Management skills
How To Apply:
Interested applicants can submit their CV and relevant document to our office located on Lidya Building 2nd floor, we are on the new road from sarbet to Kera, 1 KM near Oromia bureau
Contact number: 0929049471
For more vacancy alerts like this Korea Foundation for International Health Care (KOFIH), join us on Telegram