Population Services International (PSI) Vacancy Announcement, April 29, 2023
Organization: Population Services International (PSI)
Position: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Senior Level (5/7 Years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: April 28, 2023
Deadline: May 15, 2023
Position Title: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor
Reports to: Deputy WASH Director/ PSI and Chief of Party, Urban WASH Activity/ Chemonics
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants to reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for an experienced GESI Advisor to lead works across Urban WASH interventions to promote equity and inclusion for women, youth, and people with disabilities. S/he will work with Urban WASH activity leadership to ensure that interventions apply best practices in gender equality and women’s economic empowerment; identify entry points for increasing participation of women and girls in decision-making for more inclusive water and sanitation policies and service delivery; and create opportunities for women, people with disabilities, and youth to benefit from workforce development. They will focus on building skills in ways that fortify the capacity of their colleagues and facilitating learning and information sharing on gender equity and social inclusion to ensure learning and best practices are captured and shared.
Sounds like you? Read on!
The GESI You will work under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, in close collaboration with the Urban WASH activity leadership, technical and regional teams. More specifically, s/he will:
- Support project design, ensuring gender transformation approaches are integrated and cross cutting.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that project activities address gender equality and social inclusion considerations.
- Ensure that gender is integrated and mainstreamed across the project, including project design, implementation and monitoring, operations, as well as in staff training materials, policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance on technical approaches and innovations that will at a minimum increase impact on women running and participating in WASH businesses, women in WASH leadership, and increasing women’s participation in decision making in WASH service delivery at all levels.
- Provide guidance on the performance indicators to reflect progress towards gender equality and women’s economic empowerment and inclusion outcomes
- Conduct gender and social inclusion assessment, reviews, and audits to assess ways to continually target involvement of women and youth in project specific activities.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on gender integration to key personnel, project staff, government institutions, and local implementing partners and stakeholders
- Develop staff skill in integrating GESI in WASH programming and position PSI Ethiopia as a leading organization for inclusive WASH programming in Ethiopia, including developing appropriate gender and social inclusion resources and tools for project staff.
- Design and facilitate gender and social inclusion trainings for staff, stakeholders, and project clients to ensure that the project assesses and accounts for gender and social inclusion consideration.
- Work closely with the monitoring, evaluation and learning team on data collection, analysis, and reporting on gender and social inclusion indicators.
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in the publications, communication materials and conferences
Population Services International (PSI) Vacancy Announcement 2023
Qualification and Experience:
- MA degree in Public Health, Social Science or equivalent
- 5/7 years of progressive professional experience in gender for development organizations, in health-focused to WASH area
What it takes to succeed
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of sources.
- Proven experience working in business
- Proven technical expertise in addressing harmful gender norms, preventing, and responding to gender-based violence, reducing vulnerability of adolescent girls and young women, and constructive engagement of men and boys, as applied to very poor and highly vulnerable settings.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program gender requirements, preferably USAID office.
- Experience providing technical coaching and mentorship to colleagues.
- Ability to write, compile and/or edit quality learning documents
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
- Fluency in English.
- Good personal organizational skills including the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Willingness to travel within Ethiopia.
Population Services International (PSI) Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline is May 15, 2023. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
For more vacancy alerts like this Population Services International (PSI) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram