Pharmacy Storekeeper (pharmacist for Medical Store management in supply warehouse ), Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland; July 21 2023
Organization: Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland
Position: Pharmacy Storekeeper (pharmacist for Medical Store management in supply warehouse )
Location: Addis Ababa-working for Somali Region, Addis Ababa
Salary: ETB 22,542
Deadline: Jul 30, 2023
· Position title: PHARMACY STOREKEEPER (pharmacist for Medical Store management in supply warehouse
· No. of positions: 1
· Place of work: Coordination Addis Ababa ( Support SRERU project , Somali region)
· Terms of employment: 5 Months with a possibility of extension
· Remuneration and Benefits:
– Starting gross salary: ETB 22,542
– Medical cover: as per the organization policy
Application Date: 20/07/2023
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crises situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the bases of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in five projects (North Gonder, Abdurafi project, in Tigray emergency response projects (Shire and Sheraro), in Somali region- Wardher project, in Gambella region; Kule project with diversified workforce.
|Main Purpose/Job Summary :
Manage Medical Stock under the supervision of the Medical Warehouse Supervisor of coordination and according to MSF Supply management tools, policies and protocols of pharmaceuticals’, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of medical supplies.
Administer receipt, storage, and issuance of medical supplies and food items for the project(s) according to MSF Pharmaceuticals storage standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities. Execute medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep medical stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.). Conduct Supervision of warehouse staff and Produce report.
· Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
· Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
· Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the medical Warehouse in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
· Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards, MSF data base and Unifield softwares.
· Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP, Grey and transit stock.
· Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
· Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes:
e.g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and Ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
· Ensuring cleanliness of premises (medical warehouse stock) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
· Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
· Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items or sampled items for quality test) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
· Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
|Education||Qualified, Diploma or above in pharmacist technician/ Pharmaceuticals management. With “valid professional practicing license”. And COC Certificate
|Experience||• Two years’ expérience Pharmaceutical stock management
• Essential: Certified in Pharmacy
• Desirable: training in warehouse/materials management
|Languages||Essential local language, desirable mission working language|
|Knowledge||• Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Service Orientation L1
• Stress Management. L2
How to Apply
· Interested applicants shall submit their non-returnable up-to-dated CV and application letter including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below: Apply via Ethiojobs (http://www.ethiojobs.net/)
Dear applicants: – Please Note that we only contact Short-listed candidates with the required documents allowed to attend further assessment.
Sincerity of Declarations and Documents Submitted to MSF
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancelation from the recruitment process and if found after employment it will lead to termination.
For more vacancy alerts like Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram