Outreach Worker, Médecins Du Monde – France Vacancy Announcement, July 14 2023
Organization: Médecins Du Monde – France
Position: Outreach Worker
Employment: Full time
Location: Semera, Afar
Salary: 23,040.00 ETB
Deadline: July 28, 2023
Médecins du Monde is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response. MEDECINS DU MONDE FRANCE (MDM) invites qualified candidates, to apply for the following Position:
Duty station: The Outreach Worker will be based in Afar Semera, Ethiopia
Employment Term: 5 months with possibility of extension,
Employment Type: Full time
Basic Salary: 23,040.00 ETB
Transportation allowance: 1,300.00/ ETB
Lunch allowance: 2,860.00/ ETB
Hardship allowance: 30% of Basic Salary
Medical Coverage: Up to 94,000.00 ETB / Year for employee and employee Family / husband and Children’s
13 month salary: One month bonus salary / year
Reported to: The Supply Assistant will be under the direct supervision of Logistics Manager, also based in Addis Ababa.
The outreach worker will be based in Semera with frequent travel to project sites (Asayita, Dubti, Dichoto, Logia and Mille). The outreach worker will work in close collaboration with the DIC officer, outreach worker, MHPSS officer and Peer educators to address the needs of the target group.
The position will be under the direct supervision of program managé.
She/He will work with other project staff and local partners to advocate for Female sex workers access to health and legal services and other practical needs. The outreach worker will work to address the health needs and rights of the FSWs community through referral by using the existing public facilities, the project’s drop in centre and regular visites to hot spots.
This job description may be subject to permanent modifications following the evolution of the activities. These modifications will be defined and discussed between the employee and MdM.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Supply Assistant are:
Planning, implementation, and review of appropriate outreach activities to meet the needs of FSWs.
Ensure regular distribution of condoms and health kits to FSWs
Facilitate referrals and support of target groups to address health, social and legal needs of the community.
Contribute to the analysis and identification of the needs of beneficiaries and will accompany them providing accurate information and supporting them in their administrative demands.
Participate in regular mapping and risk assessments in collaboration with the project team among the target group
Follow up of GBV cases and provide support in line with FSWs’ needs in a holistic approach
Support the mapping and linkage with organizations working on similar projects in the project area
Participate in mobilization of FSWs community support and participation for project activities
Participate in identification of potential peer educators
Monitoring, supportive supervision and coaching of PEs through field support and weekly meetings
- Jointly plan peer education sessions with peer educators.
- Regularly monitor and supervise peer sessions.
- Facilitate and organize different onsite trainings and workshops for peer educators, FSWs, bar owners, local authorities and other stake holders.
- Identify appropriate community resources to develop ways to meet identified needs and maintain good working relationship with partners and stakeholders.
- Analyze the needs of the target group and participate in improving/modifying project activities to adapt to the needs of the target group.
- Participate and support self-help groups in collaboration with MHPSS officer and peer educators.
- Maintain timely and formal record of outreach activities using formal reporting tools.
- Support in monitoring and follow up of different activities and service provision.
- Strengthen and support community-based approach of harm reduction service delivery.
- Collect, compile, and share weekly, monthly report (into the proper reporting form) to the program manager.
- Coordinate with local authorities upon delegation or on request.
- Perform any other tasks required or needed for the smooth running of the projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree / diploma in social work, psychology, sociology public health or other related degree preferred.
- At least two years Proven work experience in outreach work such as FSWs in INGO
- Experience in working with international humanitarian organizations is a plus.
- Essential: Proven experience working on key population such as FSWs
- Experience in implimenatasion of Sex workers projects
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops and trainings
- Skills in monitoring, reporting and follow up of cases.
- Regional experience in Afar is an asset.
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken, working knowledge of local language is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Being available within short period will be considered.
- Female’s candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Fluent in both Amharic and English language (speaking, writing, reading and lessening) is mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form at the following link
https://forms.gle/fiu7dy6NN9mtGfoX6 (Note: All the information that provided in this form is true and accurate) and submit your CV with cover letter through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Outreach worker /Afar Semera Field Office
NB: Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM- Fwithin 15 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. However, MdM – F thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
We will only accept applicants who agree to the salary and contract length specified.
For more vacancy alerts like this Triggerise vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram