Outcome Measurement Research Assistant (OM-RA) – School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) Vacancy Announcement; June 13 2023
Organization: School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS)
Position: Outcome Measurement Research Assistant (OM-RA)
Location: Batu and Meki
Deadline: Jun 26, 2023
The Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) in Health at the School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University seeks to accelerate translation of effective policies and evidence-based practices into public health and development benefits through influencing policies, strategies, programs and practices at different levels of the health system. The CIS shall work, through its multidisciplinary teams and in close collaboration with relevant governmental and non-governmental stakeholders, to develop, implement, and evaluate strategies, methods, approaches, and models to promote the adoption, implementation, sustainment, and scale-up of evidence-based policies, practices, and programs in the fields of public health.
The center is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Outcome Measurement Research Assistant (OM-RA) with relevant qualifications and experience for Specialized Lactation Support for Preterm/LBW infants and Scale-up of Antenatal corticosteroid for preterm births Implementation Researches in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and World Health Organization (WHO).
The Outcome Measurement Research Assistants (OM-RA), under the guidance of the Outcome Measurement Coordinator, Principal Investigators and Project Managers will:
- Collect data on relevant indicators of the project from hospital and health center (Meki/Batu) ANC, Labor and delivery, NICU and PNC patient charts, registers, and log book
- Collect data by interviewing eligible study participants using study survey tool from ANC, Labor and Delivery, PNC and NICU units
- Work closely with the research coordinators and investigators to test and use paper based and electronic evaluation tools and system.
- Provide orientation to healthcare providers at ANC, Labor and delivery, PNC and NICU units on accurate and complete data recording and reporting
- Assist the training of health facility leadership, facility pediatricians, nurses, midwives, health extension workers and the health development army on the project objectives and expectations with the research team
- Daily review, clean and submit data on project indicators.
- Attend regular meeting and maintain routine communication with research team
- Work closely with research team members on quantitative data collection, analysis and use
- Contribute to the development of periodic plan, reports and papers
- Execute other tasks given by the study site coordinator
The outcome measurement research assistants (OM-RA) will be based in Batu and Meki town and will collect data the hospitals of the two towns and 17 health centers located in the study sites of Admi Tulu Judo Kombolcha Woreda, and Dugda Woreda.
Date of Announcement: June 2023
Career Level: Mid-Level (2-3 years’ experience)
Duration of work: 1 year with possible extension
Tentative Start Date: July 2023
Number of posts: 4(2 for Batu site and 2 for Meki site)
Station: Batu and Meki
- BSC university degree in health or statistics is required with at least two years of relevant work experience. Masters degree in similar field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in high quality quantitative data collection using paper based and electronic data collection tools.
- Knowledge of statistical methods frequently used in public health research
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian health system, experience working with hospitals, health centers and communities.
- Written and verbal fluency in Oromiffa and English required and knowledge of spoken and written Amharic is required
- Prior experience working with electronic data collection and online databases, and demonstrated experience managing databases.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills is desired.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple project activities, balance conflicting priorities, and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Must exhibit tact and diplomacy in inter-cultural settings.
- Prior field research experience related to maternal and newborn health in Ethiopia is desirable.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and careful attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for the positions stated above are invited to apply to the HumanResource Management and Development Office of the School of Public Health, Sefere Selam, 2nd Floor,office no. 218 within 7 working days of the announcement. Female applicants are highly encouraged.
An applicant is requested to attach the following documents:
Letter of application mentioning the specific position
Original and copies of degrees, and other relevant documents
For more Vacancy alerts like this School of Public Health-AAU- Center for Implementation Sciences (CIS) Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram