Nursing Team Supervisor (Local Status) – Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, March 22, 2023
Organization: Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Position: Nursing Team Supervisor (Local Status)
Employment: Full Time
Location: Konso, SNNPR
Salary: As per the salary scale of MSF
Experience Level: Junior Level (2 years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: March 21, 2023
Deadline: March 30, 2023
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organization that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardless of the ethnic origin of the patients, so to both local and internally displaced population. We ensure that our staff are aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues working together.
- Currently, MSF Belgium is providing most needed medical care in Afar and SNNP regions targeting host communities and internally displaced people. Currently, MSF is opening a project in South Omo focusing on addressing the most medical needs of visceral leishmaniasis (also known as Kala Azar) and mobile clinic in the most affected areas. As such MSF aims to contribute on the reduction of mortality and morbidity this treatable disease and other morbidities like Malaria, Malnutrition, diarrheal diseases, respiratory tract infections to the hard to reach areas.
|– Speciality (nurse or anesthetist) degree essential|
– Essential 2 years of previous experience. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable. Desirable PHC, Nutrition, EPI and Outreach (Mobile clinic) experiences.
– English & Ahmaric are essential, local language are desirable.
– Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
– Stress management
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/sent: by email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR YOU CAN BRING HARD COPY TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT KARAT TOWN, KONSO (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 21/03/2023
Closing date: 30/03/2023
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram