Nurse – Medical Teams International Vacancy Announcement, June 23 2023
Organization: Medical Teams International
Employment: Full time
Date of Announcement: June 23 2023
Deadline: June 26, 2023
To provide quality health care services as a part of a Mobile Health and Nutrition Team (MHNT) for vulnerable Internally displaced people and host community in North Gonder, Ethiopia.
1. Medical / Technical
- Provide screening to ensure isolation for COVID19 or other outbreak prone diseases for patients presenting to the clinic
- Triage patients and identify those with danger signs who require priority urgent care
- Provide basic psychosocial first aid to patients and co-patients in the clinic
- Provide quality nursing care to beneficiaries including dressing changes & wound, and cleansing as needed
- Provide urgent medications and treatments to patients based on protocol and as prescribed by Medical Doctor or the Medical Officer
- Assist the Medical Doctor and Medical Officer with consultations of patients
- Assist with the screening and treatment for acute malnutrition
- Assist Pharmacist with provision of medications and instructions as necessary
- Provide patient education and instruct on prevention methods for illness, proper nutrition, and hygiene
- Assist medical staff to compile weekly and monthly reports required by the Ministry of Health as well as WHO
- Assist with additional nursing type duties as requested or trained by MHNT Manager
- Follow infection, prevention, and control protocols through maintaining good hand hygiene and appropriately using personal protective equipment
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
2. Quality Management
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of Norther Gonder, Ethiopia
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the IMCI guidelines
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff
3. Additional activities
Support other areas of the MHNT as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of care to all
Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste and sharps appropriately
Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies. Incumbents will remain alert and responsive to any child and adult safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child and adult safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and reaches their potential as individuals and teams and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening, and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to adhere to Medical Teams International Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policies
Safeguarding Commitments –
Medical Teams International holds strict child and vulnerable adult safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for misconduct related to sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment & selection, hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates eligibility thorough background checks, police clearance, and professional reference check processes.
Code of Conduct and Ethics
Medical Teams International is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Medical Teams International Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Children and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy Training upon hire and on an annual basis.
Report to (position): Team Leader
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Saturday 48/week
Travel: West Gondar Zone Intervention Areas
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTFICATION
- 1 year of professional experience after qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-motivated Desire to serve
- Respectful towards other cultures
- Able to establish relationships easily
- Team player
- Flexible under changing conditions
- Able to cope with basic working conditions
- Culturally aware and able to adjust
- Secure and at ease with professional skills
- Coaching/teaching skills
- Comfortable with report writing
- Planning and organizational skills
- Mentoring skills
- This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Candidates should follow the following 3 steps while applying:
Make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful.
Only candidates who fill the online application form and send CV together with Application letter will be considered for candidacy.
All applications must be submitted on or before 26 June 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further assessment.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.