Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer – Ethiopian Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ESOG) Vacancy Announcement, March 24, 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ESOG)
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Mid Level (3 years)
Number of Positions: 1
Date of Announcement: March 20, 2023
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Major duties and responsibilities:
The MEL Officer takes overall responsibility for the implementation and management of monitoring, evaluation, learning activities:
- Co-create a clear MEL framework alongside the Program Advisory Committee and the Secretariat to measure the quality and quantity of policy change and share experiences and lessons learned with other countries.
- Monitor landscape to respond to national advocacy opportunities as they arise.
- Create clear MEL activities and plan to measure the quality of policy advocacy in achieving strategic goals and objectives.
- Document changes in the operating context and provides periodic progress updates to the Self-Care Trailblazer Group (SCTG) program Advisory Committee and Secretariat and make recommendations for adjustments.
- Work with the Program Advisory Committee and Secretariat to capture, cross-sharing, and disseminate knowledge, best practices, and lessons learned from in-country engagement.
- Conduct learning, Mentoring, and Supportive Supervision visits with MOH and selected member of National Self-Care Network /NSN / like WHO
- Hold monthly meetings with the SCTG secretariat to provide updates and address challenges
- Participate in relevant SCTG working groups
- prepare progress and M&E/impact assessment reports; keep documentation of experiences, impacts and lessons learned; and produce reports.
- MD /BSC with MPH /MSC/MA (desirable) Public health, Social science, Project Management or related fields,
- At least 3 years of direct experience, respectively, in M&E related roles with development and/or health research projects.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- NGO experience is of an advantage.
- Strong Monitoring & Evaluation, analytical and writing skills.
- Mature personality, result-oriented, problem-solving attitude & ability to work with little guidance.
- Sociable and team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, and statistical software, particularly SPSS, STATA.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and application via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ESOG) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram