Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Intern – Amref Health Africa Vacancy Announcement, April 21 2023
Organization: Amref Health Africa
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Intern
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Date of Announcement: April 20 2023
Deadline: April 30, 2023
POSITION: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Intern
REPORTS TO: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager
LOCATION: Addis Ababa, Amref Country Office
I. JOB SUMMARY:
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia is offering a paid internship opportunity to new graduate youth. The selected youth will be placed at country office for One year acquiring the key skills on areas of MEL to provide support for the USAID Integrated Youth Activity (IYA) that aims to empower youth to advance their own economic, civic and social development across 18 major urban cities of Ethiopia. Under the direction of MER Manager, the MEL Intern will support implementation of performance monitoring, reporting, and learning activities. The MEL Intern will provide support for the MEL team in field level MEL activities, including, but not limited to, tracking, reporting, planning, reviewing, capacity building, joint technical assistance and supportive supervision within the consortium partners and government and other stakeholders. S/He will work in close collaboration with other MEL team and program staff.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The MEL Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities
· Work with Kefeta’s central MEL team to provide technical assistance to CSO MEL Assistants and Project Assistants on the MEL plan, performance monitoring, reporting, and data analysis and management;
· Assist other MEL team and program staff in performance improvement and quality assurance activities across target cities;
· Work with other MEL team at country office level to improve knowledge management and learning activities;
· Work with the Database Administrator in database management and tracking performance against targets;
· Assist in compiling monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual summary reports of Kefeta activities; collate, analyse and disseminate data to improve project performance and informed decisions;
· Quickly and efficiently fill ad-hoc requests for project data from Kefeta’s SMT and Directors/thematic leads;
· Support the MEL team to ensure that Amref’s Information Management System (AIMS) is regularly updated with respect to Kefeta’s contributions; and
· Assist the MEL team in producing a monthly statistical bulletin that summarizes Kefeta’s performance on monthly basis.
- BSc/BA in Statistics, monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography or equivalent
- Willing to learn
- Demonstrates practical skills
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their application via Ethiojobs website: www.ethiojobs.net with their application/motivation letter and Resume on or before 30th April 2023.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more vacancy alerts like this Amref Health Africa Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram