Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, May 5, 2023
Organization: Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Position: Pharmacy Technician (Local Status)
Location: South Omo, SNNPR
Experience Level: Junior Level (6 months)
Salary: As per the salary scale of MSF
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: May 3, 2023
Deadline: May 8, 2023
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices.
• Set up and maintain a proper organisation of the storage area according to Pharmacy Protocol of family, storage procedures, and that all correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
• In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor, assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
• In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
• In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expiry dates.
• Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the Pharmacy Supervisor in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Supervisors supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members.
• Immediately after receptions of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items.
• In conjunction with the supervisor, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
• Assist pharmacy supervisor by Using Isystock for consumption data, dispatch and reporting of medical stocks.
• Maintain stock card per batch number of each medical item.
• Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Manage Medical Stock under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor of the project and according to MSF Supply management tools, policies and protocols of pharmaceuticals’, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of medical supplies.
• Supervise other pharmacy teams, Supervision of Medical storekeeper assistant & Dispensary Staffs.
• Prepare stock requests on time.
• Ensure good quality of cold chain according to the cold chain policy. Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Ensure optimum temperature maintained in cold/non cold room & and cold chain.
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for cold chain fridge used, following the user manual, protocols, and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Ensure availability of real time data about incoming and outgoing supplies and provide appropriate information to relevant MSF team members.
• Execute reception of Medical Order Requests; Review, prepare orders and ensure they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary order delay and pharmacy to rupturing.
• Inform Pharma supervisor of any problems (missing, expired or damaged goods, etc.)
• Joining Mobile Clinic activities and dispensing practices.
• Prepare the medical stock report-using tool when needed.
• Assisting the pharmacy supervisor in ensuring the supply to mobile clinic and hospital ward, according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures.
• Correctly filling tally sheet, summarizing daily consumption, and calculating Weekly and Monthly consumption together with NTS and NAM.
• Placing accurate and timely order from the central stock and maintaining minimum stock levels of medicines for mobile clinic, checking expiry dates and storage conditions, and ensuring no medicines or material are taken out without authorization.
• Participating in preparing and sending medicine and medical material to Mobile clinic and hospital ward.
• Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards.
Perform any other duties given by supervisor.
Medicins Sans Frontieres Belgium Vacancy Announcement 2023
|Qualified, Diploma or above in pharmacy technician/ Pharmaceuticals management. With “valid professional practicing license”
|6-month work experience is essential
Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel
|Essential English and Amharic, other local languages are desirable
Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
If you are interested, please submit/send your:
– National ID
– CV (not more than 3 pages)
– cover letter (not more than one page)
(Please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
by email: email@example.com, or physically to our OFFICE located at JINKA TOWN (FORMER SHALEKA PENSION), or KARAT TOWN, KONSO (Former Green Hotel)
Opening day: May 3, 2023.
Deadline: May 8, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply. MSF Belgium promotes EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
For more vacancy alerts like this Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram