Medical Doctor (Temporary Cover) – Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland Vacancy Announcement, April 28 2023
Organization: Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland
Position: Medical Doctor (Temporary Cover)
Employment: Full time
Location: Kule, Gambela
Salary: Birr 47,156.00
Date of Announcement:
Deadline: May 10, 2023
Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF Holland is looking for: MEDICAL DOCTOR(Temporary Cover)
|· Number of Position: one
· Place of work: Kule/Gambella Project
· Terms of employment: 4 Month with a possibility of extension
· Remuneration and Benefits:
– Starting gross salary/month: 47,156 ETB
– Medical Coverage 100%
– Hardship Allowance: 5,500 ETB
· Date of application: 28 April 2023 – 10 May 2023
Is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International, Regional, etc).|
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and preven. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
• Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
• Know and ensure all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensure professional confidentiality is respected.
· Guarantor of medical ethics and quality health care to all the beneficiaries.
· Ensure every patient is treated with respect as well as patient’s confidentiality is maintained.
· Show flexibility to work in any/all the departments including OPD, IPD, ITFC, ER, TB-HIV, MATERNITY and MENTAL HEALTH
· Clinical examination of patients during ward rounds, during admission and as needed.
· Ensure the correct application of MSF Clinical Guidelines, nutrition protocols and other MSF and National guidelines.
· Clinical diagnosis and prescription of treatment, with close follow up of complicated cases.
· Follow-up prescribed medical treatments, adapting and modifying according to needs.
· Recording every new diagnosis or finding, acts performed or prescribed in a clear and concise way on the patient’s file.
· Implement Patient Therapeutic Education i.e. providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions on daily basis.
· Discuss complicated cases and those needing referral with other MDs and participate actively in the decision making.
· Theoretical and on-the-job training of clinical officers and nurses regarding general principles of care, common complications and prescription of systematic treatment.
· Collaborate and monitor the clinical activities of all the medical staffs (other MDs/Clinical Officers/Nurses) to ensure quality medical care to all the patients.
· Active collaboration with Medical Activity Manager/Expat Medical Doctor for patient’s referral.
· Taking responsibility on patient referral to tertiary hospital and act as focal point for clinical decision on any case in absence of Expat MD/MAM.
· Active collaboration with Expat Midwife/Maternity Department if assigned to work in Reproductive Health.
· Active collaboration with Expat Mental Health Officer/Mental health department if assigned to work in Mental Health.
· Perform or direct actively any patient needing minor surgery appropriate to the facility.
Oversee the whole procedure whenever a patient needing anesthesia (eg. ketamine).
· Ensure a verbal handover to next duty team regarding patients and their status according to the set up schedule.
· Plan & implement measures regarding disease prevention.
· Ensure proper waste management and infection control measurements are in place.
· Ensure rational use of drugs and also modify treatment plans accordingly based on stocks.
· Inform line manager of any problems that might be linked to work, as well as problematic equipment or material (e.g. broken or missing items).
· Contribute to morbidity & mortality reports as well as analysis of weekly & monthly statistical reports.
· Participate actively in the medical team meeting, supervisors meeting etc. for the smooth running and improvement of the medical activities.
· Contribute actively to a good working relation with other MDs/Clinical Officers/Medical activity Supervisors and Nurses to ensure team work.
|Education||Medical Doctor diploma
Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
|Experience||2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.|
|Languages||Essential, mission working language|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable CV and application including photocopies of all supporting documents via www.ethiojobs.net.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates with the required experience and qualifications as well as clear and validated documentation will be called upon to attend further assessment.
Sincerity of Declarations and Documents Submitted to MSF
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancellation from the recruitment process and if found after employment will lead to immediate termination.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland, join us on Telegram