Medical Doctor – Pool, Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium Vacancy Announcement; March 1 2023
Organization: Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Position: Medical Doctor – Pool
Employment: Full Time
Deadline: March 7, 2023
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Provide direct inpatient and/or outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries in accordance with MSF protocols, national guidelines, and universal hygiene standards to improve the health of patients and beneficiaries.
· Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent diseases. Carry out outpatient, inpatient, and emergency department consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment while respecting MSF and national protocols.
· Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
· Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized patients through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF and national protocols, deciding whether patients can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
· Recommend and organize referral to a higher level of care by applying medical knowledge and MSF/national guidelines, as well as specific knowledge about the limits of medical care available in the facility of work.
· Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take responsibility for the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with hygiene standards.
· Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data
· Inform line manager or project medical responsible about any problem or complication of the patients illness or any medical error
· Monitors the proper functioning of the department in which he/she is working
· Ensure ongoing formal and informal training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
· Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented or contacts project medical responsible if noted disagreement between national and MSF protocols, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
· Appropriately delegate responsibilities to other members of the paramedical team.
MSF Section/ Context Specific Accountabilities
· Assist with making decisions regarding patient referral to a higher level of care, including receiving calls for validation of referral after hours, on weekends and holidays if necessary or in the absence of the project medical responsible or medical activity manager.
· In the absence of a project medical responsible or medical activity manager, serve as the staff health focal point for the project if asked to do so.
· Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
· Teamwork and cooperation
• Participate and attend meetings organised by the department or supervisor
• Participate and attend all mandatory trainings as communicated by the supervisor
• Be flexible and support colleagues and other departments when situation requires it
Essential medical doctor degree.
|· Minimum 2 years of experience as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work required; can include clinical work during medical training
· Previous experience working with MSF desirable
· Previous experience in inpatient nutrition for children under 5 desirables
Previous experience in Nutrition and emergency department is desirable
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/sent: by email: msfocb-afar-HRManager@brussels.msf.org OR YOU CAN BRING HARD COPY TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT AFAR, SEMERA INFRONT OF ARDI ETHIOPIA HOTEL (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 01/03/2023
Closing date: 07/03/2023
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram