JSI Vacancy Announcement, May 9, 2023
Position: Team Lead: High-quality Health Systems
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: 10 years
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: May 8, 2023
Deadline: May 18, 2023
JSI is a US-based public health nonprofit organization dedicated to providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance programs throughout the world. In Ethiopia, JSI has been working to improve health outcomes for more than 25 years, implementing more than 60 projects and working in every region. JSI has historically managed a large portfolio of projects focusing on the quality, and equity in access of, RMNCAH services, primary health care (PHC) including community health program, digital health, health information systems (HIS), supply chain management, public health emergency responses, and social and behavior change.
USAID Quality Healthcare Activity (QHA) aims at improving health outcomes through improved readiness of health facilities to deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services, increased management and accountability for quality service delivery, and restoration of services in health facilities in conflict-affected areas. QHA’s strategies and implementation approaches will help the government of Ethiopia build public and private health care systems that are responsive, resilient, and sustainable. QHA will cover urban and peri-urban primary health care units (PHCU) and referral health facilities in select regions and woredas. The Activity, through funding support from USAID, will be implemented by JSI in collaboration with Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), MSI Reproductive Choices (MSI), Project HOPE, and Network of Ethiopian Women’s Associations (NEWA) for five years (May 01, 2023 – April 30, 2028)
The team lead oversees and ensures the technical and methodological soundness of technical areas related to quality management and accountability, private sector, performance-based financing, and leadership development. In collaboration with QHA team, partners, the team lead will support the design and implementation the whole system thinking to enhance quality of care. The team lead will supervise technical advisors for quality management, leadership development, private sector, and others depending on the future needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with the DCOP and other team leaders to meet key milestones and deliverables, monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot any challenges to Activity implementation.
· Provide sound leadership and high-level technical guidance to DCOP, MOH, technical advisors, area implementation team and partners.
· Represent the Activity in various technical meetings, working groups, and conferences.
· Interact with other organizations working on quality health care, health system strengthening, and private sectors to capture best practices and establish collaboration.
· Identify opportunities for operational research to improve the high-quality health system programming.
· Take a lead role and serve as key resource person in the process of developing and reviewing program strategies, thematic plans and annual plans and reports.
· Participate in the project management and USAID team meeting as required and provide updates on innovative/strategic approaches.
· Collaborate with MEL and Communication team to establish a monitoring system (e.g., indicators and data collection methodologies) to track quality and reach of activities; ensure that lessons learned from project implementation inform field discourse and programmatic decisions at all levels and participate in the development and implementation of a learning agenda and research agenda for the project.
· Perform other duties as assigned
JSI Vacancy Announcement 2023
· Advanced degree in public health, health system management/administration, or related field (MD with specialty trainings or PhD preferred)
· At least 10 years of progressively increasing technical leadership, including experience with direct supervision of professional staff, preferably with a program of an equivalent size and scope is highly desired.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s policies, priorities and projects.
· Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Proven experience of working along the health system – from community, primary health care units and referral hospitals
· Experience of interacting with local governments, international organizations, other bilateral donor and civil society representatives, and senior level government officials is desired.
· Experience managing and coordinating USAID-funded complex multi-sectoral development programs, in Ethiopia is desired.
· Speaking of more than one local language is a plus.
JSI Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. please submit your application letter with your CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
JSI/WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
For more vacancy alerts like this JSI Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram