IYCF-E-E Nurse – International Orthodox Christian Charties (IOCC) Vacancy Announcement (Lalibela town, Waghimera Zone), July 18 2023
Organization: International Orthodox Christian Charties (IOCC)
Position: IYCF-E-E Nurse
Location: Lalibela town, Waghimera Zone, Amhara
Salary: As Per the Organization Scale, Attractive
Date of Announcement: July 18 2023
Deadline: July 30, 2023
- Ensure to establish and support the Mother-to-Mother-Support Groups (MMSGs) for IYCF-E promotion.
- Plan for IYCF-E promotion with HEWs and other health workers in OTP and SC sites.
- Build the capacity HEWs and nurses on IYCF-E promotion.
- Ensure the integration of CMAM beneficiaries with IYCF-E programs.
- Ensure to conduct cooking demonstrations regularly at community level.
- Ensure the integration of IYCF-E activity with other sectors that include WASH, livelihood, health, and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- Provide weekly updates and monthly reports to the IOCC CMAM officer.
- Assist HEWs on provision of trainings to Health Development Armies’ (HDAs).
- Promote the use of woreda and kebele level structures for IYCF-E promotion.
- Ensure to conduct quality IYCF-E promotion regularly at OTP and SCs sites regularly and in good quality.
- Ensure OTP sites and SCs have good records of IYCF-E activities.
- Liaise with ministry of health institutions and other government organization at Woreda and Kebele levels pertaining to IYCF-E activities.
- Promote gender equity and equality through each level of activity.
- Ensure to provide appropriate nutrition education to families of malnourished children.
- Ensure active participation of the target community in the program.
- Participate in nutrition and health related assessments.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Diploma/Degree in nursing.
- Degree in nursing or public health is preferable.
- Basic understanding of Amharic and English language.
- Local language is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in similar position with a diploma and 2 years for B.SC in nutrition projects.
- Frequent travel to project catchment areas including kebele health posts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application
Please ensure to write the position you are applying for in the subject line of your E-mail Address. CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are preferred.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed.
Candidates who do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
Note: IOCC is an equal opportunity employer and hence candidates from all backgrounds including religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more Vacancy alerts like this International Orthodox Christian Charties (IOCC) Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram