- Category: Health Care, Social Sciences and Community
- Position: Deputy Chief of Party
- Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: June 5, 2023
Would you like to use your expertise to support in designing and implementing innovative approaches and building capacities of non-State actors to empower communities for improved health and nutrition outcomes?
. . . . . If yes, then this could be your opportunity!
About IPE Global:
Over the years, socially and economically empowering communities has become an important pillar of our work at IPE Global. We have in-depth experience working closely with various governments, donor agencies and communities to support data-driven and effective policy-making and implementation of multiple programmes and plans to foster economic and social development. IPE Global is committed to building stronger, more resilient health systems that can respond effectively to the health needs of populations. IPE Global has demonstrated experience in delivering large-scale projects focused on strengthening health sector systems in India.
IPE Global Group has extensive experience working in the East Africa region and delivering projects that contribute to improving the lives of intended beneficiaries. We have been working in Ethiopia since 2009 and set up a registered office in 2012. We have implemented a diverse range of projects that include designing programmes for adolescents, conducting assessments and evaluations, grant and fund management, infrastructure development, public financial management across various sectors.
Apart from offering a generous benefits package and fostering an empowered workforce, IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees, including potential employees, are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment representative of and responsive to different groups. The selected candidate will get an opportunity to work in an organization with colleagues from diverse nationality and will be exposed to a global body of work undertaken by IPE Global.
About the position
IPE Global is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming USAID Activity. The DCOP will assist the Chief of Party (COP) in the strategic and yearly planning, provide technical and managerial oversight for project operations and deliverables submission, and coordinate with relevant stakeholders. The position will be based in Addis Ababa and is contingent upon award and approval by USAID. Women local nationals and international candidates (having experience of working in Ethiopia) are encouraged to apply.
- Support the COP in providing overall day-to-day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions;
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to team members, ensure work plans are developed and budgeted appropriately, and implementation plans are tracked to deliver results;
- Serve as acting COP and represent the project in the COP’s absence to key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs/ projects, USAID Activities, as well as between field, country office, and HQ staff to maximize efficiency and impact;
- Support in institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations
- Build linkages with universities and the private sector and oversee private sector engagement strategy.
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; program communications; and program reporting.
- Other duties, as assigned.
IPE Global is looking to deliver an anticipated four-year USAID-funded initiative, ‘Empowered Communities Activity’, in Ethiopia. This Activity aims to achieve better health and nutrition outcomes through improved community ownership of health and strengthened social accountability systems and platforms. The Activity will have a significant focus and engagement at the woreda and community level, supporting the strengthening of community platforms, enhancing citizens’ voices and fostering greater accountability and quality health services. Implementation strategies will include engagement of local Non-State Actors (NSAs), Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), and attention to health system functionality, community health-seeking behaviors and care-seeking practices to improve and contribute to higher-quality, more client-centered health services at Health Post (HP) and Health Center (HC) levels. The Activity will be implemented in up to 30 selected woredas in three agrarian and one pastoralist region of Ethiopia, namely Afar, Amhara, Oromia, and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s (SNNP).
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, international development, public administration, business management or other relevant disciplines;
- At least 10 years of progressive professional experience in project management and/or implementing projects related to strengthening health service delivery, engaging with communities at the grassroots level, capacity building of non-state actors, and enhancing supply-side accountability in donor-funded projects in Ethiopia or East Africa;
- At least 5 years of working at equivalent or at a comparable position in large donor-funded projects/programs, preferably USAID;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experience in a diverse team of experts and fostering a collaborative work environment;
- Experience of working in complex environments, building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders, including CSOs, government representatives, US Government agencies, other implementing agencies and non-State actors;
- Ability and experience in coordinating and integrating with other projects/programs to maximize project impact;
- English language fluency, excellent communication, interpersonal, and networking skills, with the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong understanding of USAID project management, policies, reporting, funding rules and regulations is highly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send in their latest Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: email@example.com. Please ensure that you add “Application for the position of Deputy Chief of Party” in the email subject line. The last date for submitting applications is 5th June, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.