Health Program Manager – MÉDECINS DU MONDE – FRANCE Vacancy Announcement, February 22 2023
Organization: Médecins Du Monde -France
Position: Health Program Manager
Location: Mekele, Tigray, Region Ethiopia
Salary: 67,392.00 Birr
Deadline: February 23, 2023
Médecins du monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian organization which provides emergency and long-term medical care to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects. MDM–France invites qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
The Health Program Manager is in charge to monitor and report all the health program activities in Tigray as per MdM standard requirements and procedures. She/he ensures close collaboration with the logistic and administrative departments and good team spirit.
Essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure development and implementation of all activities in accordance with the Fundamental Humanitarian Standard MdM program policies, including gender, age, diversity and minorities issues.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of MdM program activities implemented according to the needs MdM policies, national and international standards and available funds thus support the creation of specific tools in collaboration with the technical coordinator.
- Conduct weekly supervision visit on the field and suggest ways to increase quality and access to beneficiaries
- Contribute to needs assessments and context analysis for the Tigray region support and implement health surveillance system and give regular feedback on the contextual health situation and react to any change by proposing program adaptation to the field coordinator and coordination team if necessary (outbreaks, new needs arising, influx of IDPs, etc.)
- Guarantee the general consistency of the use of budget lines for program activities, for an effective and efficient use of resources, including financial and human, and of all assets.
- To provide monthly report about the analysis of health activities and analyses the data and the quality of the programs.
- Provide an analyses about the quality of the activities with the Technical coordinator and propose ways to increase quality.
- In conjunction with the technical line manager support and ensure the establishment of the appropriate documentation and an effective archiving system of all processes and activities.
- Provide the time frame/plan of all the health activities for the year and ensure adequate budget follow up
- Ensure that activities follow MdM programmatic approaches drawing on best practices and lessons learned.
- Work in close collaboration with the technical program unit based in Addis Ababa and with local partners (civil authorities, technical services, humanitarian partners, etc.) in the intervention areas. Guarantee the implementation of the recommendations of the Technical Coordinators.
- Support the MEAL teams to facilitate the monitoring of ongoing projects and supervise and monitor data collection processes and analyze the medical data on a regular basis and set up corrective measures in case of need.
- Work closely with the Local partner to ensure compliance with MdM procedures and ensure the integration of different types of assistance.
- Ensure compliance and quality of service provided to beneficiaries and by partners in the sector meetings and propose adjustments if necessary.
- Directly manage program teams
- Provide technical support to all the medical team
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and provide hands on support to the medical team in the field and ensure that all positions have a precise job description, and that each member of the team fully understands the results expected of him and that he knows the criteria for success related to his job
- Ensure all staff know and follow all MDM policies and procedures
- Organize regular meetings, briefings and debriefings with the medical team and document all the discussions held for further reference when needed.
- Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur. Make sure that activities are implemented in holistic and integrated way (especially for GBV and MHPSS services).
- Support team members professionally and monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes. Liaise with the field HR in case of any support needed to build the team in the field. Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures
- Ensure that work is planned and organized to meet MdM needs in the most efficient way possible; ensure team members receive an appropriate workload and work in accordance with local labor laws.
- Carry out performance reviews, give corrective feedback or capacity building as needed and take decisive action in case of poor performance Plan and implement thematic specific trainings according to the identified needs for MdM/MoH medical staff
- Make sure that the midwives are trained to manage cases of Gender Based Violence with a focus on upholding a survivors’ rights to dignity and confidentiality
- Identify needs regarding training (complementary or refresher) or support needs regarding the different services provided to be able to discuss and establish with technical focal persons agenda fitting programs organization.
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase
- Establish with the Pharmacy Advisor / Coordinator and the pharmacy team an agenda regarding procurement process. Define in advance the drugs / consumables’ needs with the pharmacist and share the information to the medical coordinator and pharmacy coordinator for the procurement process.
- Ensure the supervision of the pharmacist (consumptions, orders & inventory) and ensure that supported health facilities receive drugs and consumables on time. Validate and cross check the consumption reports shared by the field pharmacist on regular basis and discuss any discrepancies identified on regular basis.
- Ensure proper documentation and analysis of all pharmacy and medical stock reports.
- Ensure communication within medical team and pharmacy regarding stock analysis and needs.
Representation, coordination and communication.
- Participate in the writing of donor’s activity reports and proposals and represent / attend all relevant forums and medical meetings especially the health, nutrition and protection clusters and any relevant medical coordination mechanisms
- Maintain relations with the administrative authorities and other stakeholders in the region and avoid overlaps.
- Maintain close and beneficial working relationships with donors, national and international organizations and Organize regular meetings with Woredas authorities and with the community leaders to maintain a full adherence to MdM medical program
- Respect and apply internal reporting requirements, and contribute to external reports, as well as ensure quality control and contribute to monthly sitrep
- Ensure constant, transparent, and proactive communication with the hierarchy and the office of the capital.
- Document any meeting information gathered during the coordination meeting and share the information with the Fieldco and Medical coordinator
- Strengthen compliance with standards and norms specific to MdM and the sector (Code of Conduct)
- Undertakes other related duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Line Manager.
Duty station: Mekele, Tigray, Region Ethiopia
Starting date: Immediately
Employment Term: 10 months with possibility of extension
Basic Salary: 67,392.00 ETB + Hardship allowance
Reported to: Field Coordinator and Technical Links with Medical Coordinator
- Bsc Degree in Medical Doctor/Nurse/Midwife with experience in Public health and project management
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar positions
- Experience in outbreak management and emergency response
- Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team
Skills and qualities required
- Ability to manage a team and work in an international team
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage priorities
- Team spirit
- Interest for Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law
- Respectful of a very traditional society and people
- Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions (climate, cultural context, promiscuity, isolation)
- Fair computer Knowledge of window environment (Microsoft word, excel Outlook —–)
- Female’s candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- English: Fluent
- Amharic: is an asset
- Tigrigna is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form at the following link https://forms.gle/ouGtAZzkDKTrCA1Y8 (Note: All the information that provided in this form is true and accurate) and submit your CV with cover letter through email@example.com with the subject Health Program Manager / Tigray Ethiopia
NB: Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 7 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
For more vacancy alerts like Médecins Du Monde – France Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram