Health and Nutrition Program Manager – Medical Teams International Vacancy Announcement, April 11 2023
Organization: Medical Teams International
Position: Health and Nutrition Program Manager
Employment: Full time
Date of Announcement:
Deadline: Apr 18, 2023
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
To ensure quality health care services for internally displaced people, refugees and host community in Amhara Region, Ethiopia. This position will be responsible for ensuring proper day-to-day running of the mobile medical team.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist in Ensuring MTI’s standard of quality in primary health services is met
- Participates in the planning, implementation, and supervision of the Health and Nutrition projects.
- Develops plans for process and quality improvement and reports findings to the Health Advisor and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Ensures quality control at all levels of service provision (referrals from the community, primary health care level, pharmacy, referrals for secondary care)
- Ensures strict monitoring of the use and flow of medications at the Dabat Health center, Adiarkay and Maykadra team
- Ensures compliance to program standards at all levels
- Ensures monitoring and accountability of beneficiary registrars
- Maintains quality assurance and adherence to healthcare protocols ensuring compliance with RHB standards
- Ensures data collection meets program requirements, and that all activities are suitably documented
- Assists in the compliance with government health reporting mechanisms; both in terms of reporting to WHO, RHB, and internal reporting
- Assess and implement appropriate training in coordination with the health advisor and nutrition coordinator to equip and strengthen knowledge and skills of MHNT personnel.
- Leads development of trainings, feedback sessions and tools for M&E and quality improvement
- Ensures that programming is of excellent technical quality, suitable to attract donor funding and contributes significantly to MTI’s strategic objectives
- Provides technical support to project medical personnel to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved, adhering to international, donor and Ministry of Health Guidelines and policies
- Ensures appropriate treatment protocols are followed as set forth per National guidelines and/or MTI policies
- Collaborates and coordinates with other staff at the field office level and at the project site to ensure program goals are achieved and program approach/interventions are being continuously evaluated and adapted.
- Ensures strong linkages between CHW program and Health and Nutrition program
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Participate in Health and nutrition working group coordination meeting at Woreda, Zone and region level as needed.
- Make sure the program implementation at Alemwach refugee site is going in line with UNHCR/RRS guide line.
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of North Gondar ,Wolkayte tegede Setit Humera Zones and other Zones of Amhara regional state, Ethiopia
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the MTI guidelines
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff
- Support other areas of the office as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of work for all
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste appropriately
Team: Program: Teams
Reports to (position): Field Coordinator
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Saturday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Travel: Regular travel to field offices
If Manager of Staff, Positions Supervised: (directly & indirectly) Team leaders at Dabat, Maykadra and Adiarkay, Nutrition officer and HSS officer in Adiarkay
# of Positions Supervised: 5(Five)
Education, Licenses, & Certification
- Medical Doctor, BSc Nursing, or Bsc in Health Officer, MPH
- At least 3 years of experience working in direct health service delivery and two years of experience managing the operation of health services preferably with NGOs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of development & humanitarian issues and concepts
- Fluent spoken and written Amharic and English.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving Computer literate, able to work efficiently in Microsoft office on standard or mobile platforms.
- Humanitarian motivation
- Emotionally and spiritually mature
- Team player – practical, desire to support the field teams.
- Willingness to pitch in and get the job done
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to build new relationships and gain people’s trust quickly
- Integrity in representing Medical Teams Willing to travel to insecure environments
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public
- This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
How to Apply
For more vacancy alerts like this Medical Teams International Vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram