Global Primary Health Care/GPHC/ Program Evaluation Consultant – Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA ) Vacancy Announcement, August 4 2023
Organization: Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA )
Position: Global Primary Health Care/GPHC/ Program Evaluation Consultant
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: August 14, 2023
The International Institute for Primary Health Care in Ethiopia (IPHC-E) was established by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia in 2016. It envisions becoming a centre of excellence in primary health care. The mission of the Institute is to proactively engage and drive the advancement of primary health care policy and practice towards the attainment of UHC. Through PHC implementation research, the Institute provides up-to-date information on the strengths and weaknesses of Ethiopia’s PHC program and contributes to continually building stronger PHC programs that ensures fidelity to standards of care and high levels of population coverage of services.
The Global Primary Health Care Program offers capacity building support to low-and middle-income countries across the world with the aim of strengthening PHC systems. It has three different packages of capacity building programs These three packages range from low touch (package 1) to high touch (package 3) to meet the varying needs of countries.
More than 20 countries attended the global PHC course and participated in the experience sharing visit. Understanding the progress and contribution of the program is important to further enhance its reach and outcome of the program. Hence, strong evidence is required to look for the program outcome and area of improvement for the future.
Objective of the consultancy work
The overall aim of the consultancy work is to assess the implementation process and contribution of the Global PHC Program.
Scope of work and Major Duties
The Global PHC Program evaluation is planned to understand how the program is undergoing since the start and the contribution to the improvement of the Countries PHC System. The Overall goal of the evaluation will be for the improvement of the program by providing the recommendations.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop evaluation protocol including tools.
- Present the proposal to IPHC-E team and incorporates feedbacks.
- Reach/Communicate with beneficiary countries.
- Conduct data collection
- Data analysis and report write up.
- Organize meetings and capture inputs from the meeting and incorporate them into the document.
- Prepare & submit regular progress reports to the IPHC-E and incorporate feedbacks.
- Submit final evaluation report to the IPHC-E
- Evaluation Proposal/Plan
- Regular progress report on weekly basis
- Final evaluation report including tools.
- A minimum of master’s degree in Public Health, Health Service Management, monitoring and evaluation or health related disciplines and at least five (5) years of relevant experiences
- 3 Years of Experience in conducting Program/course/training evaluation.
- Experience in conducting qualitative research and evaluation
- Acquainted with the Ethiopian Health Policy, health System and with proven skill and knowledge on the PHC system.
- Knowledge of Ethiopian PHC system
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and in teams within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email application letter & CV with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in 10 consecutive days with the subject line: position. Please ensure that all contact information is up-to-date and accurate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Exams
For more vacancy alerts like this CCRDA vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram