Global Communities Vacancy Announcement, April 20, 2023
Organization: Global Communities
Position: Health Management and Administration Advisor, Ethiopia Lowlands Primary Health Care Activity
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Senior Level
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: April 19, 2023
Deadline: May 26, 2023
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking a Health Management And Administration Advisor for an anticipated Pastoral Primary Health Care (PHC) Activity in Ethiopia. The purpose of this award is to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes. The activity will build local capacity and closely work with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the respective RHBs to improve Primary Health Care (PHC). It supports implementation of the Health Extension Program (HEP) Roadmap and supports the Government of Ethiopia’s overall effort to achieve the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP).
In close partnership with the Chief of Party, the Health Management and Administration Advisor lead and direct the comprehensive integration of clinical services, fiscal management and strategic vision for cost-effective, sustainable quality care and treatment within local health institutions. S/he will be responsible for ensuring strong linkage between service quality and facility leadership/governance. resilience. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Lead, provide strategic direction, and high-level technical guidance to strengthen health systems functions and processes at the facility and regional levels to advance the integration of health facility clinical services, fiscal and administrative management and facility governance for cost-effective delivery of quality RMNCAH services in urban and peri-urban areas.
- Work with the DCOP and technical staff to ensure quality workplan and PMP deliverables.
- Work with DCOP and other team members in the conduction of project technical activities to ensure that the work is technically sound, collaborative, timely, and conducted in line with approved project work plan and budget.
- Represent the project in technical meetings and conferences related to health services management and administration and quality improvement in technical meetings and conferences.
- Collaborate with other partners and organizations working on health service management improvements to capture best practices/approaches and adapt changes as appropriate
- Identify opportunities for program research related to health service management structures and systems.
- Travel to the project regions and sites to observe and learn from implementation and assessment of program effectiveness and to learn from problems faced in program implementation by the regional offices of the project.
- As a member of the project Senior Management Team participate in project management and USAID team meetings, participate in review and consolidation of strategies, workplans, and contribute to the design of the MEL plan.
Global Communities Vacancy Announcement 2023
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) and/or master’s in health services/Hospital Administration (MHA).
- MPH and licensed clinical degree a plus.
- Progressively responsible professional experience in operating health care facilities with clinical management and coordination, supervisory and administrative duties.
- Experience in application of business principles to clinical practice.
- Ability to translate strategic vision and goals into specific projects.
- Experience in development of institutional management and data collection systems to define cost centers, ensure successful reimbursement and stimulate health facility revenue growth.
- Strong fiscal, administrative and contract management experience including the review, analysis and approval of implementation plans, budgets, and budget justifications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including oral, reading, and written proficiency in English.
- In depth knowledge of health administration and public health principles with progressively responsible experience in maternal, child health, health systems strengthening or another related field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing institutional capacity in public and private health facilities in Ethiopia or similar context.
- Strong representational and collaboration experience engaging Ministries of Health or other equivalent high-level stakeholders on health care management policy and strategy formulation at national and subnational levels
- Solid experience in leadership and/or management training for health facility management emphasizing integration of institutional services and supportive administrative and financial structures.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Global Communities holds strict safeguarding principles and has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment, Global Communities will conduct robust reference and background screening checks, including international vetting as a signature of the Global Misconduct Disclosure Scheme to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded, and abuse is prevented. The incumbent is required to carry out their duties in accordance with Global Communities Safeguarding policy and the Standards of Conduct.
Global Communities Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Register using the following LINK
For more vacancy alerts like this Global Communities Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram