Field Program Coordinator – Last Mile Health Vacancy Announcements, June 26 2023
Organization: Last Mile Health
Position: Field Program Coordinator
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Salary: $13,094- $24,733 USD
Date of Announcement: June 19 2023
Deadline: unspecified (applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and priority is given for those received within the first two weeks of posting.)
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and resources. Do you have demonstrated experience in working in primary health care interventions, partner engagement and project management? If yes, you may be our next Field Program Coordinator in Ethiopia.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Field Program Coordinator (PC) will play a critical role in coordinating and technically supporting the LMH projects in the field including supporting upskill and delivering projects implemented by Last Mile Health Ethiopia country office.
The Field Program Coordinator liaises with the Ministry of Health and Regional Health Bureaus to coordinate organization of blended learning and delivery of interventions for improving the quality of services in the districts selected for this project. They will ensure the quality of blended learning and other interventions to build knowledge and skills of Health Extension Workers (HEWs) and other frontline health workers with an objective of improving the reach and quality of health services at the community level.
Specifically, the Field Program Coordinator will provide technical support to regional and district professionals on increasing knowledge and skills of HEWs, HEW’s application of the knowledge and skills gained on their routine work and improving the quality of health services at the community level.
This role is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and is open to candidates who are located in and have work authorization in Ethiopia.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate and technically support the development of instructional design and learning materials for blended learning and service delivery interventions for improving the quality of services at the community level.
- Provide technical support in the adaptation, localization, and digitalization of the blended learning approach.
- Provide technical support in the adaptation, digitalization and implementation of quality improvement and decision support tools.
- Provide technical support for the development of multimedia education materials for blended learning.
- Provide technical support to regional and woreda stakeholders throughout the implementation of the blended learning training and service quality improvement interventions.
- Plan and execute blended training for health extension workers and other frontline health workers.
- Support regional, zonal and woreda professionals to plan and implement decision support and quality improvement tools.
- Plan and execute pre and post training assessments of knowledge and skills of Health Extension Workers and other professionals during blended training.
- Jointly with the Monitoring Evaluation Research & Learning team, provide technical support in the monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management of the blended learning approach and service quality interventions.
- Facilitate utilization of training and service delivery data for quality improvement
- Build and sustain close working partnership with MoH, its counterparts and other stakeholders through active sharing of information and active participation in technical working groups.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in the field of public health. Master’s in public health or any related field will be an advantage.
- Relevant years of professional experience in one or more of the work areas highlighted to the job summary.
- Demonstrated experience working within the national and/or sub-national health system (community health workers program a plus); familiarity with government structures and processes.
- Demonstrated experience working in primary health care interventions.
- Familiarity with the Community Health Information System and (District Health Information System) DHIS2
- Ability to diplomatically navigate complex stakeholder dynamics, proactively problem solve and achieve results and consensus with multiple influencers.
- Demonstrated experience in partner engagement and project management.
- Comfortable working in teams as well as acting independently in the implementation of specific tasks, prioritizing, working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Robust knowledge management skills, including the advanced use of MS Office applications and Google Suite
You’ll impress us if you have
- Digital health program design or implementation experience
- Facilitation of trainings/capacity strengthening for adult learners
- Knowledge of existing data being tracked in DHIS2, specifically community health data.
- Experience implementing an advocacy agenda with national and subnational government stakeholders.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The band for this position: ETH- 2
For Ethiopia, the range is an annual gross of $13,094- $24,733 USD dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Please note that compensation is subject to Ethiopian taxes.
How to Apply
To Apply for this vacancy Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please make sure that you have read the requirements section very well before you apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this Last Mile Health vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram