Field Monitor Assistant – Community in Action Against Poverty (CAAP) Vacancy Announcement, August 3 2023
Organization: Community in Action Against Poverty (CAAP)
Position: Field Monitor Assistant
Location: Fafen and Sitti Zones, Somali
Employment: Full time
Deadline: August 7, 2023
- Lead the targeting, registration and verification of household beneficiaries according to their level of vulnerability and ensure that food assistance is targeted to households based on their vulnerability.
- Lead the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the General Food Distribution in the respective assigned woreda
- Facilitate the establishment of the food management committee, CRM Committees and community targeting/registration committee, ensure fair representatives for the communities.
- Ensure functional Community Based Complaints and feedback mechanism
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the MEAL Officer for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with CAAP and WFP standards.
- Maintain records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Regularly review the beneficiary’s list/data base and ensure its accuracy
- Liaise with Woreda/Zonal Officials, Partners, Community Leaders, and other stakeholders for smooth food distribution to beneficiaries.
- Prepare field mission and distribution reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines
- Comply with all relevant CAAP policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree in agriculture, health, Social science, Nutrition, development studies
- Minimum three years technical background, knowledge and experience in Emergency Response in General Food Distributions, ESNFIs, Livelihoods, Nutrition, or related field, and familiarity with relevant standards and guidelines such as Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE, Emergency Response Guidelines
- Communication skill, good human relations, willingness to reside in rural areas;
- Fluency in Somali and English, both written and verbal
- High level of commitment and willingness to travel frequent/long distance in hardship areas
- Demonstrated skills in partnership building and interpersonal communication
- Knowledge and residing of the working area are preferred
- Excellent and demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlooks, emails
- Good level of reporting writing skills
- Excellent communication and coordination skill, preferably with the community and woreda line departments government