Environmental health expert – Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office Vacancy Announcement – July 5 2023
Organization: Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office
Position: Environmental health expert
Location: Debrebirhan, Amhara
Salary: 27,857 ETB
Date of Announcement:
Deadline: July 9, 2023
Summary Scope of Work:
Jhpiego is seeking to hire environmental health experts for a post conflict recovery response in region. The position will be based in selected health facilities or IDP sites in or around Debre Berhan town or other areas as assigned by the regional health bureau (RHB).
Under the leadership of regional Human Resource for Health (HRH) in Emergency advisor, the assigned expert will be responsible to provide essential health care services to communities in conflict affected zones. The position will be temporarily assigned staff specific for the mobile health and nutrition team or part of a service delivery team at the assigned health facility.
The team members should be currently unemployed is expected to fully commit to service delivery in the assigned location. The teams will be deployed to in the areas where public health emergencies occurred based on the zones demand with considering the criteria. The team’s specific health facilities or working areas will be determined by the zonal health department in consultation with assigning health facilities district with advising of regional public health institute. The team will be relocated based on the severity of emergency of health and nutrition needs.
Environmental health expert
Salary Grade: The recruitment type is service delivery contract with monthly fixed payment at gross amount of 27,857 ETB and non-taxable communication allowance of 500 ETB. The payment will be done after the confirmatory letter from their assigned district which will be approved by regional health bureau.
No. of positions: 6
Department: Health facilities/IDP sites in and surrounding Debre Berhan
Duration: 2-3 months
- Provide day to day service delivery in the assigned IDP site or health facility
- Coordinate the work of the team and manage operational matters (e.g. Supplies (Medical Gown, PPEs), Stationery, etc.).
- Assess the potential risks for outbreak (active surveillance)
- Regularly update the woreda/zonal or RHB on immediately and weekly reportable disease
- Facilitate and lead with woreda/ zonal or RHB outbreak response, if outbreak is confirmed by the higher level.
- Responsible for daily health education program, based on selected topics alongside HEWs.
- Assess, identify and effectively utilize community-based communication plat forms for health promotion and disease prevention by engaging HEWs in the area.
- Provide health education with public health officer while the rest of the team are organizing the service provision.
- Develop the movement plan of the team, compile weekly and monthly activity report or delegate the task, monitor supply utilization and request replenishments (monthly).
- Liaise with local authorities, represent the team in meetings and be responsible with all communications of the team.
- Do active surveillance with other stake holders
- Coordinate the WaSH/ IPC activities (Latrine construction, Sanitation campaign, Waste management, Hand washing facilities and Water quality test
- Conduct other activities given by the zonal health office, health facility leader and supervisor.
- A university degree (BSc level or above) in the fields of bachelor science degree from an accredited/recognized institute with certified professional license from authorized offices.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel….)
- Experience in emergency response/similar setting will have an added value.
- Fluency in local language is desired.
- Thorough understanding of case management and social work
- Good communication skills with different stakeholder
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
1. Applicants must use the below link to submit applications https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/hI16m8FF
2. Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
3. Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
4. CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
5. The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
6. Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is July 9th, 2023.
For more vacancy alerts like Jhpiego Ethiopia Country Office vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram