Deputy Program Manager, CDCS Project – Médecins Du Monde -France Vacancy Announcement, June 20 2023
- Organization: Médecins Du Monde -France/ Doctors of the World
- Position: Deputy Program Manager, CDCS Project
Location: Tigray, Axum
Salary: 56,160.00 ETB
- Date of Announcement: July 20 2023
- Deadline: July 29 2023
- The Deputy Project Manager, reporting to the Health Program Manager, will oversee the implementation of the project which is aimed at improving the work and provision of Healthcare services at the referral hospital in Adwa.
- Support technically the medical program at the hospital in designing, planning and implementation of the project’s activities;
- Monitor the implementation of the programs on timeliness and quality and ensure compliance with the objectives set in MdM Strategy and project proposals and report to the Health Program Coordinator any deviations noted so as to put corrective measures in place.
- Oversee the work of improving the rehabilitation of the hospital and ensure that the hospital has all the medical equipment and medications destined to it so that the Medical professionals at the hospital can provide quality services to patients referred there for Healthcare needs.
- Track the performance indicators defined, signals any difficulties encountered in project implementation; In the event of significant delays or inadequate quality in project implementation, s/he immediately informs the Health Program Manager and Field Coordinator and proposes solutions for adjustments or improvements;
- Assist in ensuring the integration of the different existing and planned additional components of the program (Medical, MHPSS, GBV, SRH, Emergency Preparedness and Response and Community Approach, etc);
- To improve the capacity of the target hospital to provide quality healthcare services, including MHPSS and GBV services, through the provision of required equipment and training for health workers in Tigray region
- Under request of the Health Program Coordinator, contributes to analysing bids made by contractors who are required in repairs work in the hospital and ensure that their price quotations are fair market price charged by contractors. Moreover the Deputy Project Manager, is expected to maintain good working relations with the MHPSS Officer, the MEAL Officer and other Health personnel at the Hospital.
- In collaboration with the Health Program Coordinator, participates in the monthly financial forecast for planned activities at Adwa hospital.
- Represent MdM and ensure good relations are maintained with stakeholders consistent with the principles of neutrality and independence of MDM, including local authorities, partner organizations and other NGOs.
- Attend coordination meetings on relevant health matters or any external meetings delegated by the Health Program coordinator.
- The Deputy Project Manager maintains constant communication with the Health Teams in Ahsea and Dabrahamaz to ensure that patients referred to the Adwa Referral Hospital, are served and attended to on a timely manner as lifesaving measure. Moreover the Deputy Project Manager is expected to maintain good and professional working relationship with Referral Hospital Director, Medical staff as well as the area Health Bureau.
- MSc /BSc Degree in Medical or public health (preferred), GBV, MHPSS and/or Nutrition background and having good project Management Knowledge
- At least 3-5 years of experience in humanitarian settings
- Experience in an international NGO
- Preferable experience in health sector
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.).
- Capacity to work and to live in a multicultural environment
- Ability to cope with last minutes changes and solution oriented
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- Team manager with a strong leadership
- Experience in management of multi donor budgets
- Independence, ability to take the initiative and of responsibility
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Good analysis, objective, able to take a step back and analyse
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise and coach the work
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations
- Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Fluency in English, Amharic, and Tigrinya language (speaking ,writing , Reading and listening )
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form through the following link
https://forms.gle/fSqGTPc4Qis8ao9R6 (Note: All the information that provided in the form is true and accurate) and submit your CV with Cover letter through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Deputy Project Manager, CDCS Project /Tigray Region
NB: Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM-F within 15 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. However, MdM- F thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
We will only accept applicants who agree to the salary and contract length specified.
For more vacancy alerts like Médecins Du Monde -France vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram