Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy Announcement, March 8, 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Location: Afar, Gonder, Bahir Dar, D/Markos, Dessie, Lallibela, D/Birhan, Balle/Robe, Shashemene, Adama, Hawassa, Arbaminche, Wolaita, Hossaena, Dire Dawa, Harerr, Jigjiga, Nekemte, Jimma, Bonga, Sululta, Addis Ababa, Assosa and Sheno.
Experience Level: Junior Level (1 year)
Number of Positions: 15
Date of Announcement: March 8, 2023
Deadline: March 17, 2023
The Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) in collaboration with the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) on a project entitled “Establishment of Surveillance System on Food Adulteration and Food Hygiene Practice in Major Agro-food Processing Industries, Food Markets, and Catering Service Establishments for the Improvement of Food Safety Status in Ethiopia;”. As part of the Surveillance study on food adulteration and food safety, different food samples will be collected from nationally representative sampling sites for analysis.
Various locally available raw and processed food items such as cow milk, butter, Injera, wheat flour, bread, Berberrie, Shiro, coffee powder, and honey samples will be collected during this fieldwork. Hence, we are seeking data collectors for the project who fulfills the following requirements.
1. Spend the entire data collection period travelling in the sampling areas.
2. All data collectors are responsible for identification of the sampling Areas and types of samples
3. All data collectors should be ensured that the specified samples are accessible in the selected sampling area
4. All data collectors should be well informed about the types of samples to be collected and the required amounts to be taken.
5. Record all the required information about the sampling places and the sample as per the provided labeling note.
6. Ensure samples are properly collected, processed, packed and transported at the appropriate storage condition.
7. All data collectors should confirm that the required amount and type of samples with appropriate information are arrived at their permanent storage place at EPHI and recorded on sampling receiving log sheet.
8. Meet/communicate with supervisor daily to update collected food sample, information and challenges faced during sample collection.
9. We seek only data collectors with the highest level of honesty and integrity.
10. Additional activities could be given by project supervisor/coordinator.
- BSc in Food Science and Nutrition, and Food Science and Technology, Food Process Engineering and Food Science and Postharvest Technology with a minimum of 1-year food sample collection and analysis or food science and nutrition research experience.
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.
Click HERE to view on source and apply
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram