CMAM Officer – International Orthodox Christian Charties (IOCC) Vacancy Announcement, July 18 2023
Organization: International Orthodox Christian Charties (IOCC)
Position: CMAM Officer
Salary: As Per the Organization Scale, Attractive
Date of Announcement: July 18 2023
Deadline: July 30, 2023
The ‘’CMAM officer’’ will be responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day activities of IOCC Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and other activities in the assigned project office.
- Support and strengthen the integration of CMAM into the routine health care system.
- Prepare weekly and monthly work plans and reports for effective implementation of the project.
- Strengthen referral linkage through availing standard referral forms at health facility and community levels.
- Organize /strengthen Women Development Army (WDA) functionality through Health Extension Workers (HEWs) to effectively ensure the treatment coverage and quality of services.
- Prepare supervision check lists and provide regular mentoring and monitoring of health facilities with SC/OTP using standard SC/OTP score cards.
- Facilitate nutrition education at SC/OTP sites in close coordination with the IOCC IYCF-E Nurse.
- Provide technical support for health facilities and woreda Health Office to analyze and utilization of CMAM data for local decision making.
- Organize and facilitate to provide standard training on CMAM for health workers and HEWs.
- In collaboration with Woreda health office, health facilities, and the community, regularly update disease out-breaks and any other malnutrition aggravating factors through preparation of weekly situation up-dates.
- Organize and conduct regular joint monitoring field visit with partners and follow-ups to identify and address gaps.
- Monitor and support the request and delivery of nutritional commodities for SC/OTP.
- Provide support to improve documentation of SC/OTP data at health facility level.
- Strengthen SC/OTP reporting and recording through regular supportive supervision and availing documentation and job aids materials.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress reports based on prepared work plan for SC/OTP.
- Establish Mother-to-Mother-Support Groups (MMSGs) at community level in close collaboration with the IOCC IYCF-E Nurse and Woreda health office.
- Provide technical support and facilitate the routine nutrition screening by health facilities.
- Support, manage, coach, and follow up with IYCF-E Nurse and SC/OTP Nurse.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Duty Station: Tsagebji Woreda, Waghimera Zone, Amhara Region with frequent
travel to catchment areas as required
Reports to: Nutrition Program Manager based in Addis Ababa
Number of positions: One
Salary and Benefit Packages: As Per the Organization Scale, Attractive
Application Deadline: July 30, 2023
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
- BSc in Nursing, BSC in Human Nutrition, Public Health, or a related field of study.
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer-group training, Training of Trainers, and development of training materials.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and local languages.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Minimum two years working experience for Degree out of which one years’ experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition-related fields knowledge, training and experience in CMAM/IMAM.
- Frequent travel to project catchment areas including kebele health posts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application
Please ensure to write the position you are applying for in the subject line of your E-mail Address. CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are preferred.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration.
Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed.
Candidates who do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
Note: IOCC is an equal opportunity employer and hence candidates from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc. are all encouraged to apply.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more Vacancy alerts like this International Orthodox Christian Charties (IOCC) Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram