Pharmaco-Logistician / Pharmacist
Job By: The Carter Center Ethiopia
Source: Hahu Jobs
- Job Title: Pharmaco-Logistician / Pharmacist
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Senior level (5 years)
- Number of Position: 01
- Employment Type: Contract
- Deadline Date: March 1, 2023
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center – Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacant post for its health /NTDs/ programs.
- Develop a purchase plan for drugs and medical supplies.
- Monitor requests and provide technical support of medical supplies and drugs for quotations, liaise with suppliers, contribute to bid evaluation processes with logistic team before and during purchases.
- In consultation with Senior Program Officer lead and participate in annual Zithromax forecasting exercise and follow MDA drug distribution.
- Work with FMOH and EPFSA to facilitate purchases, storage, distribution and monitor delivery of TT surgery consumables and MDA related drugs to the community as appropriate.
- Assist logistics team in processing customs clearance-related procedures for drugs and medical supplies.
- Follow storage, transportation and distribution of TT surgery consumables, laboratory reagents and other medical supplies at CO, regions and zones.
- Generate monthly and quarterly medical supplies and drugs stock status report and share to program manager with recommendation for their actions and follow up.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities, including collection and processing of samples for quality control as needed
- Support the government on Logistic and Supply Chain management of pharmaceutical and medical products in close coordination with FMOH, EPFSA, ARHB and its line offices on procedures in compliance with the quality requirements of medical products.
- Develop SOPs on management of pharmaceutical and medical products donated from abroad, purchased from Private vendors and EPFSA before, during and after the distribution
- Develop and implement a plan of regular supervision to RO, SRPO, ARHB, Zones and woredas to ensure safety of drugs and medical supplies
- Organize trainings and provide information for field staffs, logistic officers and store men based on the supervision findings
- Ensures all procurement of medicines and medical equipment/supplies adhere to FMOH and FMHACA regulations and standards.
- Follow the quantification, procurement, and distribution of GWEP Case Containment Center (CCC), domesticated dogs and cats medical supplies and equipments.
- Follow up and report on supply and consumables utilization at zonal or wereda level, particularly in relation to the Trachoma program.
- Follow up with EPSA and relevant personnel at MoH on the timely distribution of Mectizan for conducting MDA.
- Develops specifications for the purchase requests of medical items for all programs and participate in the bid evaluation process for the purchase of medical items as a technical person.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum BSc Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized university with valid certification to work as a pharmacist.
- Relevant experience of a minimum of five years, preferably in pharmaceutical items procurement and supplies management.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Experience in pharmaceutical supply chain and logistics management areas
- Good computer skills, particularly in MS Office packages
- Good understanding and application of professional and ethical standards and principles of procurement and logistics management.
- Proactive and attention to detail.
- Willing to frequently travel in different regions and zones for field assignments.
- Highly energetic and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and able to generate professional reports
- Able to present a recommendation letter from the most recent employer.
How to Apply
- Submit your CV, application letter & photocopies of all supporting documents indicating duty station & position applied for in the subject line via email: HR.Ethiopia@cartercenter.org or in person to TCC-E Country Office, HR Unit, located around Gerji Mebrat-Haile, in front of Mulmul Bakery For further information Contact Tel. +251116624562/ +251118699537