Romanian Government Scholarship 2023-24(Fully Funded)
Source: www.scholarships.studyinromania.gov & www.brightscholarship.com
- Offered by: Government of Romania
- Degree level: Undergraduate, Master, PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: Romania
- Last Date: March 1, 2023.
About the Scholarship
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the Good score, as the case, are eligible.For further details regarding the eligibility conditions, please check Programme information.
Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture. However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school. A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian. The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
Applications can be submitted only via the online platform, between 15 December 2022 and 1 March 2023, with the selection results being announced on 15 July 2023. Upon selection, additional formalities, such as obtaining a visa, will be required.
Romanian Government Scholarship 2023-24 in Roman is Funded by the Ministry of Education & Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Therefore, this is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Romania for all international students.
- Registration Fee
- Complete Tuition Fee
- Free Accommodation
- Monthly Stipend:
- 65 EURO/Month, for Undergraduate Students
- 75 EURO/Month, for Master Studies
- 85 EURO/Month, for Postgraduate Students (Doctorate Degree)
Note: The scholarship does not cover food, international and local transport.
Duration of Scholarship
- Undergraduate: 3-6 Years
- Master: 1.5, 2 Years
- Doctorate: 3,4 Years
Available Study Fields
Note that the Course/Classes will Start on 1st October 2023. The Fields offered by the Romania Scholarship are given below.
architecture, visual arts, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, political and administrative sciences, Engineering, education sciences, social and human sciences, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine.
Note: Scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of medicine, dental medicine, and pharmacy.
Language of Study
In order to promote Romanian Language & Culture. The Scholarship will be offered to Study in Romanian Language for Undergraduate & Masters Degree. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered One Supplementary Preparatory Year to Study the Language. Doctoral Students can select Romanian or Other Language.
The Application File Must contain the following Documents:
- Official letter Issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence.
- The MFA application form (APPENDIX I) for a scholarship in Romania filled in correctly.
- The MER application form (APPENDIX 2) for issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania.
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian. if required.
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets / diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable.
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian.
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport.
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies.
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant.
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
The application file will also contain the following documents (only for candidates falling within the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Proof of name change (if applicable) – copy and legalized translation.
- The certificate attesting the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s. master’s or doctoral exam, as the case may be, for current year’s graduates – copy and certified translation.
- Certificate of graduation of the Romanian preparatory year or Language Proficiency Certificate, if applicable.
- Declaration on parental consent in case of juvenile candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian).
- Foreign Citizens Coming from all states of the world, except European member states.
- Should not hold Romanian citizenship.
- Not more than 35 years of age for Bachelor & Master Studies & 45 Years Respectively for Doctoral Studies or for postgraduate studies.
The last date to apply for Romanian Government Scholarship 2023-24 in Romania for International Students is 15th March 2023.
How to Apply