Resident Project Manager – Ministry of Health Vacancy Announcement, February 14 2023
Organization: Ministry of Health – Ethiopia
Position: Resident Project Manager
Location: Bahir Dar
Deadline: February 22, 2023
Ethiopia Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program (EFELTP) is a competency-based training and service program in applied epidemiology and public health which is intended to strengthen the public health system through the development of disease surveillance systems, timely public health event detection and response, and strengthening of public health laboratory. Taking into consideration the importance of the training program in improving the Ethiopian Public Health System, Federal Ministry of Health in collaboration with other National and International partners initiated the program in 2009. The first training program was launched in the School of public Health of Addis Ababa University. Since 2009, the School of Public Health has been working closely with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and partners to be able to produce professionals in field epidemiology that are capable of handling emergency management including epidemic investigation and response and surveillance. Until January 2023, more than 650 field epidemiologists graduated and assigned in key disease prevention and control positions at the national and regional levels. Their contribution is now highly appreciated by the Ministry of Health, Regional Health Bureaus, donors and stakeholders.
To coordinate and manage the day-today Activities of the EFETP staffs at University, Regional and Zonal level and the successful implementation of the program activities at all level concerning Financial, logistics and administrative matters. Successful implementation means all program activities in all Universities, Regional and Zonal levels are delivered according to contractual requirements and FMOH priorities, ensure safety and security of staff and assets and maintain a positive and cordial relationship with Universities, Regional, Zonal, Woreda and partners
- Develop and implement, along with country director, BDU and other partners, an integrated and sustainable training plan to build evidence-based public health capacity
- Develop curriculum and facilitate courses in all competencies along with BDU, MOH-E staff, and other guest lecturers
- Participate in the development of supervisory skills of the on-site field supervisors and facilitate interactions between residents and field supervisors
- Participate in the monitoring of mentorship and facilitate interactions between residents and mentors
- Provide continuous supervision, mentoring, and support to residents as they complete field investigations and other FETP related projects and coursework
- Work with country director at MOH-E, technical program director at EPHI, Program coordinators, Academic coordinators ,Residents, field supervisors and local health staff to strengthen disease surveillance, response and control programs at all levels
- Develop/ maintain collaboration plans for Epidemic diseases control and eradication (e.g., polio eradication, HIV, malaria)
- Introduce, develop and maintain a strategic plan with milestones and indicators
- Work with FMOH and other partners to ensure sustainability of the program
- Facilitates enrolment of EFELTP residents.
- Assists with development and implementation of the annual work plan and comprehensive budget, responsible for maintaining budget spreadsheets, mobilizing funds and collecting quarterly partner reports;
- Ensures smooth running of the program within the university administration and RHB/ZHB
- In collaboration with the resident advisor of the program; identifies and invites international and national experts for the teaching
- Reports progress of the FELTP to the Advisory Council and country director
- Creates comprehensive quarterly EFELTP reports including all implemented activities and updated budget and distributes to leadership
- Organizes, in consultation with EFETP country director and resident advisors, field visits for the residents
- Communicates with field bases on monthly basis and provides monthly field base report that includes all resident activities and logistical concerns for the field site to TWG and EFETP country Director
- Assists in preparation of EFELTP guidelines, manuals, standard operating procedures and formats
- Performs additional activities given by EFETP Country-director
- Prepare proposal for resource mobilization (Administration components)
Employment Type & Duration: One year contract
Salary: 57417.00 Br
Location : Bahir Dar
Reports to: Bahir Dar University
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in Field Epidemiology with a minimum 12 years of experience,
- Three or more years work experience as Resident Advisor in recognized University
Experience and Skills
- A good understanding of epidemiologic issues with at least two years’ experience of managing Clinical cases in Health facilities.
- Proven team and personnel management experience
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills
- Experience of managing donor grant funding projects of program
- Experience in developing and monitoring budget
- Willing to spend at least 80% of his/her time in the field
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer literacy; advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. Ability to use data management software’s, including SPSS and Epi Info.
- Proficient and skilled in report writing
- Able to program mange database
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
Other Requirements: –
- Strong knowledge on data analysis.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexible in working long hours and ability to work with field teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- As new priorities arise, MoH may periodically revise the TOR for this position
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants are invited to submit their application indicating the Title of the Position, non-returnable CVs and copies of their educational and work experience credentials together with original documents to Human Resources Administration Directorate, within 7 working days from the first date of announcement. Qualifying women are encouraged to apply. If you fail to follow the instructions, you will be disqualified from the competition!
For more vacancy alerts like Ministry of Health Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram