(APPLICATION FOR THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN CLOSED EARLY)
AYSRH Program Intern – EngenderHealth Vacancy Announcement, August 5 2023
Position: AYSRH Program Intern
Salary: $1,800- 2,400/year
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: August 14 2023
Requisition Name: Intern
Requisition No: VN409
Salary Range: $1,800-2,400
Employment Type: Internship
Country Location: Ethiopia
Job Title: AYSRH Program Intern
Reports to: Project Director
Project: RBA for enhancing SRHR project
Work Location: Addis Ababa
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
EngenderHealth is offering internship opportunities for fresh university graduates to join project team, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. If you are interested and passionate about sexual and reproductive health and gender equity, join us under the capacity of AYSRH Program Intern. You will have the chance to interact and assist to carry out routine project activity planning and implementation at filed level; coordinate and monitor/supervise timely implementation of program/project activities at project implementation area. EngenderHealth seeks applications from fresh graduates to join EngenderHealth as AYSRH Program Intern for its SIDA funded “A Rights Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR” project at the duty station of Addis Ababa.
AYSRH Program Intern under the supervision of the Project Director will be responsible for managing the day-to-day implementation of EngenderHealth supported program/projects particularly for “A Rights Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR and responding to GBV” project in Addis Ababa.
- Assist in the overall project design, planning, launching and assist in coordinating assessments, trainings, review meetings and monitoring.
- Assist in active engagement of young people in the project (including meaningful engagement of youth and male engagement) in project design, planning and execution.
- Assist in the re-design, adaptation and roll out of SRHR/SGBV education and awareness activities and training tools for in school (including night school program).
- Assists in SRHR/SGBV, Life skills and Self-esteem, self- confidence, and decision-making education for adolescent and young people using existing in-school and the Aflateen youth in charge (AYiC) curriculum.
- Assist in organizing SRHR and Gender programming related training/orientation for health care providers, Teachers, Law reinforcement bodies and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in advocacy sessions with policy implementers and influencers on SRH rights and Gender Equity including organizing/supporting networking, activism, and related events on SRHR and Gender Equity.
- Assist in the provision of high quality, youth-friendly and gender equitable service at schools, in health facilities, law reinforcement institution.
- Assist in supportive supervision (e.g., training follow up/ technical support) to the project supported government partners such as health care providers, schoolteachers, law enforcement bodies, and other providers on a regular basis to monitor project progress.
- Assist in documentation of lessons learned and potential best practices, participate in the documentation and dissemination of best practices that can improve the quality of SRH services to adolescent and youth in the target areas.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly, bi-annual, and annual reports to the country office, Addis Ababa city administration health and education Bureau’s and women and social affairs.
- Carry out other EngenderHealth assignments as may be required and as directed by the project director, technical advisors, and mangers at the country offices.
The candidate must have the following minimum set of qualifications:
- A young professional with bachelor’s degree in health, social science and related field.
- Fresh graduate (Zero years’ experience)
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive health, Meaningful Youth Engagement and Gender Equality programs.
- Good communication and flexibility
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Fluency in English language proficiency strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to intervention regions as deemed necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and well-qualified candidates can submit their application & CV through http://www.engenderhealth.org. There is no need to send your credentials at this stage. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults, and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners, and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
For more vacancy alerts like this EngenderHealth vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram