World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP), July 28 2023
Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP)
The WBG YPP is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. Young Professionals are recruited from around the world with various academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFCandMIGA. We are looking for applicants who demonstrate a passion for international development, graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across our institutions.
Applications are open July 3 – July 31 for all profiles and From August 15 – September 30 for IFC profiles only.
Note: Before applying, ensure that you meet all eligibility requirements and have reviewed the application checklist below, for required material. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the last day of the application period. On the application, candidates must select the institution that they believe best aligns with their skillset (the World Bank, IFC or MIGA). Duplicate applications will not be reviewed and will not increase one’s chances of selection.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1991
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to the YPP Priority Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study
at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English language
- Academic Credentials*
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
*Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment with Expected Graduation Date or Transcript.
**Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
Short Essay Question
Please answer the following (in 500 words or less, for each prompt):
- Why would you like to join the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program and what makes you a great candidate for the program? In your response, please also indicate your preference for participating in the program at the World Bank, IFC or MIGA, and why.
- Overlapping crises, such as disease outbreaks, climate change impacts, conflicts, and financial crises, coupled with fiscal and resource constraints, pose a complex challenge to many countries. How would you advise the World Bank Group to support countries in addressing that challenge by, amongst other, increasing governments’ capacity to respond and address the needs of their most vulnerable populations, working with the private sector to mobilize and enable financing for development, and engaging with the international community? If possible, please illustrate your response with examples based upon your technical expertise and experience.
YPP interviews will be conducted in a hybrid format (virtual and in-person) and may include:
- Pre-recorded interview (on Hirevue)
- Live panel interview
- An assessment center, where you will be asked to participate in individual and group exercises
- Timed computer-based financial tests (IFC candidates)
How to apply:
Register using the following link CLICK HERE
Applicants who are invited to interview will be provided with more detail as the process moves along.
Candidates Are Assessed Based On Experience, Technical Expertise, And Competencies Such As Client Orientation, Leadership And Communication.