UNICEF vacancy announcement, March 2, 2023
Employment: Temporary Appointment, 3 months to 364 days
Location: Ethiopia, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Seychelles
Experience Level: Senior Level (5 years)
Number of Positions:
Date of Announcement: February 28, 2023
Deadline: March 14, 2023
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Since two years, countries in the ESA region have experienced an alarming increase in the number of new, or re-emerging humanitarian emergencies, including public health (including Ebola, Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever, yellow fever, wild poliovirus, and Cholera), armed conflicts and natural disasters emergencies.
UNICEF ESAR has prioritized the critical need to support countries to rapidly scale up capacity to prevent, mitigate, and manage ongoing and anticipated emergencies as well as to enhance capacity for preparedness and response to these emergencies.
The purpose of this external announcement is to attract suitable Cholera Specialist candidates interested in working in any of the countries within UNICEF’s East and Southern Africa region to respond to emergencies for the next 36 months. The countries within each region are listed on the following website: http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/index.html.
- Provide support to restore/rehabilitate/reinforce the national cold chain system in collaboration with Government and partners.
- Coordinate with Supply/Operations/Programme Sections within UNICEF to effectively restore and maintain the cold chain system operational at all times.
- Provides technical advice on cold chain logistics arrangement facilitating cost-effective efficient customs clearance, inventory management, distribution and cost effective and safe transportation of emergency supplies and equipment.
- Participate on the planning of the immunization campaign including microplanning detailing all the financial, logistics, HR, administrative cost needed for the activity.
- Responsible for the safe custody of stocks of supplies and equipment awaiting distribution country-wide for projects. Maintains and up-to-date inventory/racking system to monitor emergency input and action of UNICEF supplies.
- Co-ordinates on a regular basis with programme/projects specialists to ensure the supplies and equipment are released to projects and to end users in a timely manner and report periodically to the Supply Chain Manager and Chief of Operations on any relevant incident regarding cold chain supplies.
- Establish and maintain regular contact system with customs and port/airport immigration authorities at national ports of entry on the clearance of UNICEF supplies, in keeping with established protocol.
- Develop and maintain partnership and collaborative relations with UNICEF, Government, UN and bilateral counterparts in cold chain logistics activities including distribution, monitoring supply inputs and inventory
- Advanced university degree in Medicine, Public Health or related discipline.
- At least 5 (five) years of practical experience in developing countries in immunizations and primary health care, management, monitoring and evaluation and emergencies in different contexts. Some of this time should have been in emergency relief programmes.
- Fluency in verbal and written English and/or French (depending on the country office’s official language). Knowledge of another UN language or a local language is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity(1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
How to Apply
Click HERE to view on source and apply
VIEW ALL CURRENT UNICEF VACANCIES
For more vacancy alerts like this UNICEF Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram