Survey Coordinators – Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy Announcement, June 26 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Position: Survey Coordinators
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: July 2 2023
Required Number: Eight (8)
Duration: 3 months
Report to: TB & HIV Research Directorate
Place: Ethiopia Public Health Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Term: All positions are on contract base
Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a national organization mandated to manage, build research capacity, and promote and strengthen public health research activities that will recommend the policy and program in the country. The institute is also mandated to nationwide comprehensive health related data synthesis of evidence that public health related decision-makings rely on. Currently, EPHI in collaboration with FMOH is planning to conduct the survey on why adolescent, youth and adult men lag behind in HIV testing service utilization in Ethiopia.
As part of implementing the study, the EPHI would like to announce a vacancy for competent and interested individuals for the following posts. The qualified individual will be functioning in collaboration with a member of the HIV survey team.
The intended candidates should have the following qualifications and experiences:
Duties and responsibilities
· Plan and coordinate the survey from central
· Carry out key survey activities such as coordinating, coaching and supervising field team, ensuring the quality of data, conduct data cleaning, and interpreting and reporting of findings
- Qualitative data transcription, analysis, interpreting and reporting of findings
- Maintain and monitor the data collection process and adjust the system to operational activities’ needs with continued support
- Analysis, interpretation, management and ability to test and implement modifications and enhancements; and communicate and train staff on data collection, management, and analysis
- Develop survey implementation SOPs
- Supervise of the team and the daily activities at the survey site
- Supervise the quality of the interview data collection work using quality check manual
· Demonstrated experience in providing training on the qualitatrive research method
· Demonstrated experience in conducting in-depth/key informant interview and focused group discussion
- Excellent data organization, programming, communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team setting are required
- Profound knowledge and experience in conducting qualitative survey including, development of the survey tools, training research staff, supervising, and writing analytical reports as well as interpreting data and making recommendations;
- Experience in the area of HIV program and Key/priority population survey, and/or programmatic response
- Prior experience in coordinating a study using qualitative study design, implementation and report writing.
Required educational Qualification
· MPH/MSc in the fields of Public Health, and having demonstrated experiences in designing and executing qualitative and quantitative study and analyzing qualitative data, technical report and manuscript writing 4+for PhD, and 6+ years for Masters.
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.