Senior Research Officer (Biostatistics and Epidemiology) – Frontieri Consult P.L.C Vacancy Announcement, May 3 2023
Organization: Frontieri Consult P.L.C
Position: Senior Research Officer (Biostatistics and Epidemiology)
Employment: Full time
Deadline: May 12, 2023
FRONTIERi Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and with branch offices in Berlin, Germany, and in Juba, South Sudan, is one of the leading consulting firms. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consultancy assignments in the areas of development and growth in several disciplines. It works with a range of development issues commissioned by governmental and non-governmental organizations, and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
FRONTIERi is a company for talented researchers with different backgrounds and perspectives and we have gathered competent professionals and work in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad in Social Protection and Development, Health and Gender, Agriculture and Rural Development, Education and Youth Development, Market, Trade and Institution. For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Senior Research Officer at Frontieri office, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and administration of various project undertaking. The development of various research proposal, research report, research methodologies, project management while ensuring client satisfaction is met.
Join our team of professionals and be part of our energetic team that is committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers and contributing to the development of countries we serve. We provide the best working relation and environment to allow aspiring talented professionals to engage in various research work and grow their potential while working with the best in the industry.
Frontieri’s Value Proposition;
Diverse work force of employee working in the field of Agriculture, Economics, Health, Education and many more development project yielding an innovative and though leadership mindset. Place where many bright minds come together to create on the ground real data backed research work. Environment where employee well-being; personal growth and career advancement is embedded into our culture.
General Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Research Officer:
- Produce winning research and consultancy proposals in collaboration with other teams under the Research and Development;
- Design appropriate research methodologies and tools for various projects;
- Produce quality research reports;
- Facilitate/coordinate field works
- Prepare daily reports of field work implementation and report to the team leader/project coordinator
- Produce working papers, and publish papers in peer-reviewed journals and Frontieri outlets (Insights, policy briefs etc.)
- Develop innovative approaches such as new techniques as deems necessary to achieve the objectives of the research;
- Work with other staffs to assess and identify technical assistance needs with regard to technical skills, supervision support, etc. for new and ongoing projects;
- Follow up and effectively implement projects with the highest quality, agreed timeline, and approved budget;
- Represent Frontieri in various meetings and conferences;
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned;
- Follow-up clients to ensure client satisfaction; contribute towards a remarkable service excellence and establishment of a long-lasting client relationship;
- Develop research proposals for relevant research grants;
- Work closely with other divisions and teams of Frontieri;
- Prepare monthly plans and performance reports;
- Ensure confidentiality of all reports and proposals;
- Make sure that organizational core values, policies, and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning, and
- Handle all other activities as required by the immediate supervisor;
Report To: Team Leader
Required Number: 1 (one)
Qualification and Experience:
- MPH in Biostatistics/Epidemiology.
- 5 years and above in relevant offices/projects/institutions
- Experience working with International and National Research and consultancy institutes;
- Regional and international experience is valued
- Advanced knowledge in quantitative approaches;
- Advanced skills in analytical software (SPSS, STATA, R, KOBO, Survey CTO, Survey Solution)
- Experience in working on large-scale surveys;
- Good knowledge of study designs, sampling techniques, and sample size determination;
- Solid experience in Project Management, Survey Management, data management, and analysis;
- Writing skills and publication experience in peer-reviewed journals.
Technical and other skills:
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Good skills for facilitating projects, field works
- Good Skill managing and coaching field staff members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team spirit with problem-solving and decision-making traits.
- Strategic thinker
- Networking aptitude
- Great multitasking skills
- Attention to details
How to Apply
For more vacancy alerts like this Frontieri Consult P.L.C Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram