Research Assistant; CDT-Africa, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University Vacancy Announcement, June 23 2023
Organization: CDT-Africa, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University
Position: Research Assistant
Employment: Full time
Location: Addis Ababa
Date of Announcement: June 23 2023
Deadline: July 7, 2023
The Center for innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported African Center of Excellence hosted in the College of Health Sciences of Addis Ababa University. The main objective of CDT-Africa is to support equitable access to interventions (medications, diagnostics, and other interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high quality capacity development for innovative drug and therapeutic discoveries.
As part of this effort, CDT-Africa would like to hire a research assistant to support CDT-Africa projects. The research assistant would be linked to the HOPE project (NIHR Global Health Research Group on Homelessness and Mental Health in Africa). HOPE is a multi-country study that will be working in Ethiopia, Ghana and Kenya. The focus is on co-producing, implementing and evaluating interventions that improve the lives of people who are homeless and have severe mental illness. In Ethiopia, HOPE will be working in Addis Ababa.
The Role of the Research Assistant
- The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out research activities for the HOPE project
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and project co-ordinator to carry out research activities
- Supervise the field co-coordinators.
- Take the lead in planning and overseeing the quantitative data collection
- Contribute to qualitative data collection
- Carry out data quality checks in the field
- Lead on data cleaning.
- Ensure safeguarding protocols are implemented in the field.
- Monitor quality of the intervention implementation.
- Contribute to papers using data from HOPE.
- Involvement in research dissemination activities.
- Additional tasks as directed by the Head of the Center or study investigators.
Terms and conditions
- No. required: One
- Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is such that it might require working overtime and weekends, with due financial compensation.
- Holidays: Are governed by the rules of Addis Ababa University for project workers.
- Length of Contract: 3 years full-time position subject to six-monthly contract renewal.
- Probationary Period and Notice Period: There is a three-month probationary period for this role. The notice period is one month.
- Reports to: CDT-Africa Center Lead
- MSc in public health-related field, with thesis.
- At least 1 year of work experience in co-ordination of research.
- Experience with population-based studies.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis.
- Strong computer program literacy and knowledge.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Well organised.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others, including international collaborators
- Excellent English language, communication and organizational skills
- Application should be submitted with a short CV (maximum length 4 pages) and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) to the
- The covering letter should describe how you meet the requirements for the position and why you want the job.
- The recruitment will involve a written exam and interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfill the above requirements should submit a short CV and a covering letter. Applicants should bring original documents and also submit non-returnable copy of all required and supportive documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for additional recruitment processes.
The application should be submitted to the office human resource management of Tikur Anbesa specialized hospital, College of Health Sciences Addis Ababa University new administration building first floor office room number 118, within 10 working days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
For more vacancy alerts like CDT-Africa, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University Vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram