ICAP Vacancy Announcement, April 29, 2023
Position: Regional HIV CS Coordinator
Location: Bahir Dar, Amhara
Experience Level: Senior Level (8 Years)
Number of Positions: 1
Date of Announcement: April 28, 2023
Deadline: May 8, 2023
Job Title: Regional HIV CS Coordinator
Number of positions: One
Duty station: Amhara Regional Office, Bahir Dar
Reports to: Regional Director
Under the guidance of the ICAP Regional Director ,the regional HIV CS Coordinator will be responsible to the overall implementation HIV case surveillance (CS) program in the region. The CS coordinator work closely with their respective Regional Health Bureau (RHB) under close supervision of ICAP’s Regional director and other ICAP surveillance team members. She/He will actively participate in developing implementation plan, organizing, coordinating, and facilitating HIV CS implementation activities such as capacity building training, site readiness assessment and activation, periodical supportive supervision, and mentorship on the implementation of HIV CS and HIV recency testing. Further, the CS coordinator, is expected to support RHB in the analysis and visualization of the program data and producing periodical surveillance reports.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate the regional HIV CS implementation.
· Attend the regional technical HIV CS meetings in your capacity as an ICAP representative.
· oversee advisors who are under your supervision.
· Support the RHB in planning, capacity building, and implementing HIV Case Surveillance,
· Conduct site readiness assessment and activation for new HIV CS health facilities,
· Ensure that the health facilities have the necessary supplies for HIV CS
· Ensure RITA is conducted for all eligible HIV infected cases at health facilities and ensure the implementation of QC methods for RTRI.
· Monitor the implementation of site level response in all the CS facilities using the SOP and site level response tracker, and provide feedback to stakeholders accordingly.
· Prepare weekly activity plan and submit performance report to the central team,
· Conduct continuous and periodic monitoring of HIV CS implementing health facilities by prioritizing high load-high impact facilities.
· Work closely with the RHB HIV CS focal and health facilities to ensure the quality of surveillance data being produced (i.e., in all data quality dimensions).
· Provide technical assistance and on-the-job trainings/orientations on HIV CS activities including data collection, processing, data analysis, visualization, and in producing program performance reports.
· Formulate new interventions based on evidence when available, and control measures in response to epidemiologic findings,
· Closely follow and support the selected show-case HIV CS facilities that serve as model in all aspects of the HIV CS activities,
· Participate in supportive supervisions at national, regional, and sub-regional level,
· Facilitate regional, zonal and Woreda level review meetings,
· Carry out other activities as needed.
ICAP Vacancy Announcement 2023
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· MD or master’s degree in public health
· must have more than 8 years’ experience in public health system.
· The incumbent needs to have excellent skills in Microsoft apps and services, and data visualization software like Microsoft Power BI.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English as well as in the working languages of the respective regions
· Previous experience working with the international implementing partners, RHB, Zonal Health Departments, and/or Woreda Health Offices on related area is advantageous.
· Capability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with the local health office and its associate.
ICAP Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
To apply Click here: https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/497210/regional-hiv-cs-coordinator
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – May 08, 2023.
Click HERE to Apply
For more vacancy alerts like this ICAP Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram