Regional eCHIS Project Coordinator – JSI Vacancy Announcement, April 3 2023
Position: Regional eCHIS Project Coordinator
Location: Addis Ababa, Oromia
Deadline: April 13, 2023
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), is partnering with the Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) in Supporting a Transformative eCHIS Implementation in Ethiopia. By scaling the electronic Community Health Information System (eCHIS) to 4,239 additional health extension workers (HEWs) in Ethiopia, JSI will leverage the power of digitally enabled performance management to improve the coverage and quality of primary health care services. The investment will help transform the health extension program in Ethiopia through improved use of data for robust performance management of HEWs, leading to improved health outcomes for mothers, children, and adolescents.
The project aims to transform the Ethiopian community health system using tablet-based technology (eCHIS) to drive accountability and manage performance of health extension workers serving millions of people in 110 districts. As such, the project intends to leverage the power of digitally enabled performance management to improve the coverage and quality of primary healthcare services in Ethiopia. Ultimately, the project aspires to increase accountability in health service delivery by strengthening data use for evidence-informed decision-making on health program management and health worker performance.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The regional eCHIS Project coordinator (Oromia) will provide regional and zonal level technical assistance towards supporting the implementation of various health information systems at zonal and lower structures. The Regional coordinator initially focuses on supporting of the implementation electronic community health information System (eCHIS) and DHIS2 and supports the use of information for evidence-based decision-making. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the head of the zonal health department and the guidance of the JSI L10K eCHIS project program implementation team. The position is based at the regional level with travel to Zones and districts for mentorship, supervision, implementation support and review meetings.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities of the Regional eCHIS/HIS coordinator (Oromia) will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the rollout of the eCHIS training to HEWs, Health Centers, and WoHO staff as per the project plan in the cluster Zones.
- Provide technical assistance, supportive supervision, and monitoring and evaluation supports to RHBs, ZHDs, and WoHO on eCHIS/HIS management and other related issues
- Coordinate and participate in relevant TWG meetings at the regional and zonal levels.
- Identify and report any bugs, problems, issues, and requests for improvements from the system to the Project Manager and eCHIS technical advisors.
- Closely supervise and follow up with the RHB, ZHD, and woreda health offices to make sure proper eCHIS implementation in each woreda within the region.
- Mentor and support all HEWs within the eCHIS implementation woredas in collaboration with the health system.
- Prepare regular progress reports and updates on eCHIS implementation status, strengths, and challenges.
- Provide field support to implementing woredas to ensure the regular use and management of eCHIS data.
- Support and coordinate RHBs ZHDs and Woreda health offices in conducting periodic ISS, PRMs focused on eCHIS together with the data use officers.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with regional, zonal and woreda managers to ensure they are generating and using reports from eCHIS.
- Work and coordinate with the respective eCHIS technical advisors and project manager to use resources efficiently and to jointly solve challenges encountered.
- Supporting the RHBs in preparing evidence-based and contextualized plans to address specific gaps, executing the plans, generating and implementing innovative approaches, and monitoring implementation
- Provide technical input on data quality, information use, and performance management.
- Facilitate effective partnerships with stakeholders engaged in the implementation of the eCHIS program
- Support RHDs in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of integrated supportive supervision, joint monitoring visits, and review meeting.
- Support ZHD and eCHIS implementing facilities in organizing learning visits and spread of learning
- Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENT SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in health science/public health, Health Informatics, and other related fields.
- A Minimum 5 years of in planning and implementation of health information systems.
- Experience on data visualization, and analytics experience.
- Experience in eCHIS, CHIS, DHIS2 and other HIS systems.
- Familiarity with new innovations such as in Biometrics fingerprint, Performance management, and performance-based incentive
- Knowledge and experience of the Ethiopian health system and the health extension program
- Familiarity with the Ethiopian health sector planning, monitoring, and evaluation of health programs
- Experience working on the implementation of health data capturing tools is required
- Knowledge of systems that are used at the woreda and facilities level such as eCHIS, DHIS2 is required
- Good skills on Android troubleshooting and application installations.
- Strong result orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing and able to travel 60% of the time
- Experience with RHB, ZHB and woreda health office to implement strategies to improve data use.
- Proficiency in standard computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work
- Excellent written and verbal English; proficiency in Affan Oromo and Amharic languages
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children are a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff is suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. This is an opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated professional and if you meet the required skill, competencies and experience, please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post. Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: April 13,2023
For more vacancy alerts like JSI vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram