Project Officer – Ethiopian Health Education and Promotion Professionals Association Vacancy Announcement, February 27 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Health Education and Promotion Professionals Association (EHEPA)
Position: Project Officer
Employment: Full-Time, Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: March, 10 2023
The Ethiopian Health Education and Promotion Professional Association (EHEPA) was established and registered by the Ethiopian civil society organization authority in 2021.
The mission of the association is to save lives and improve the quality of life of Ethiopian citizens by promoting healthy behaviors, prevention of disease, increasing treatment-seeking behavior, and adherence to treatment services targeting communicable and non-communicable diseases, maternal and child health services, and health system behaviors. It is an organization working on behavioral insight, advocacy for health, social marketing, community mobilization, community engagement, risk communication, improving personal and organizational health literacy and quantitative & qualitative behavioral health-related research, evidence synthesis, and monitoring and evaluation of health behavior programs. It also develops and designs quality assurance strategies in social and behavior change (SBC) material and methods for health.
To accomplish these tasks, EHEPA would like to invite experienced and competent candidates for the project officer vacant post:
The purpose of the Project officer position is to effectively implement the assigned project component activities. He/ she will Provide technical support Coordinate activities and be involved in Project Design, Plan, and Budget Preparation. He/she oversees the proper implementation of the assigned component of the project, in collaboration with other team members of the project. He/she is also responsible for assisting the Executive director in project designing, planning, budget preparation, and reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Participates in the development of a detailed implementation plan with staff and partners/stakeholders.
- Engages in implementing the project activities in accordance with project design, annual implementation plan, and other interim plans.
- Provides technical assistance and support to other team members of the project.
- Facilitate and coordinate project activities.
- Makes sure that project activities align with the work plan.
- Participates in the formulation of an annual plan and budget for the project.
- Participates in project development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Undertaking data collection directly or in conjunction with staff as required.
- Organize and facilitate training and workshops.
- Ensure proper documentation of all project activities.
- Together with the Executive director, Project Design, Plan, and Budget Preparation.
- Conduct any other tasks assigned by the Executive director.
- Together with the Executive director, compiles monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for government and other partners.
- Together with the Executive director, adequately documents the achievements and lessons of the project activities and disseminates them to partners.
Below are the requirements for this Ethiopian Health Education and Promotion Professionals Association Vacancy Announcement
A. Qualification: MPH in Public Health/ health promotion and health education or related field
B. Relevant Experience: Relevant work experience is desirable
- Good networking skills and team player
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills, and report writing skills.
- Computer Proficiency in MS word, EXCEL, MS Access, etc.
- Experience working with Data analysis software/programs
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, writing),
- Planning and delivering results
- Supportive and ethical
- Pleasant and polite attitude always
- Ability to act as part of the multicultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Able to work with minimal supervision and ability to withstand pressure
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Job Type: 6 months Contractual with possible extension
Employment Type: Full time
How to apply
Interested applicants shall submit their motivation letter, updated curriculum vitae, and all their credentials (supporting educational and work experience-related documents) only through email.
Use the email address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Female applicants are encouraged
Ethiopian Health Education and Promotion Professional Association (EHEPA) has zero tolerance for Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, which enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Health Education and Promotion Professionals Association Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram