Project Manager, People In Need – PIN Vacancy Announcement; May 24 2023
Organization: People In Need – PIN
Position: Project Manager
Employment: Full time
Location: Based in Hawassa with frequent travel to PIN’s project sites in SNPPR, Sidama, Oromia, Tigray and/or other regions as required.
Salary: 38,300.00 ETB
Deadline: May 31, 2023
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, (https://www.alliance2015.org/ a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
More information at https://www.peopleinneed.net/ or HERE.
PIN currently is seeking energetic, disciplined, responsible Project Manager
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of Project Manager
Length of Contract: Definite until September 30/2025
The Project Manager (PM), under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, is fully responsible for the successful implementation of the project entitled: Capacity Building of selected town water utilities in Selected Areas of SNNPR and Oromia (TWU-II project). The PjM is responsible for the achievement of specific results in the field in a timely manner whilst ensuring quality. The Project Manager will also closely work with other departments including HR, finance & Logistic department. and other PjMs working under the same program.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management and successful implementation of the project. This will include managing the entire components of the project and required deliverables/outcomes, ensuring both technical and management requirements are met, and managing relevant government /stakeholder and donor liaison requirements.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that key organizational principles and approaches, such as sound M&E system, CRM and gender mainstreaming, etc are well integrated throughout the project cycle; for ensuring that lessons derived through the implementation of projects are well articulated, documented and disseminated both internally and externally.
Project Manager specific tasks are
- Everything related to the project cycle management, including planning, needs assessment/ identification, proposal preparation, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, financial management, cash flow planning, management of a local team, etc.
- Ensure the project is delivered according to the contractual requirement of the donor, i.e. all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget, reports are submitted as per the agreed schedule and formats, and any other requirements or criteria are fulfilled as specified in signed agreements and PIN internal guideline.
- Participating in all selection procedures (senior positions to be selected in cooperation with the program manager), suggestions on termination of work contracts whilst ensuring due process and procedures are adhered to
- Supervision of the local project team performance
- Support of professional growth of the staff, ensuring minimum staff turnover
- Ensuring the maintenance of good personal relations amongst the project staff
- Managing and supervising the field staff attendance sheet and their per diem as per PIN Policy
- Support of new project related assessments
- Suggestions on improvements of program’s quality, relevance, and efficiency
- New proposals writing under the supervision of the Program manager
Operations and Procurement
- Adhere to the security rules of PIN and enforce the security rules with the project team
- Prepare the project procurement plan on time, submit a purchase request, and primarily responsible for following up on the procurement status and ensuring the delivery of materials in a quality and timely manner
- Ensure the technical inspection of the procured materials are done by the respective stakeholders or technical staff
- Make sure procured materials are of quality as stated in the specification or as per PIN standards and beneficiary/stakeholder request
- Proper processing and documentation of all tenders both in ELO and hardcopy
- Responsible for weekly car requests every Thursday and making sure the vehicle is used properly and efficiently
- Responsible for preparation of stock sheet and providing to the Finance unit on time and following the stock management procedure as per PIN policy
- Organizing project logistics including transport, purchasing, stocking, etc.
- Substituting other Project managers during their leave as assigned by the Program manager
- Other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the mission.
FINANCIAL / ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Binding documents
- Project document – understanding the project narrative, log frame and attachments
- Budget – monthly following the project budget utilization, avoiding under- and over expenditures
- Contract – understanding and fulfilling all contract obligations including general and specific conditions
- PIN and donor’s policies
- Ensure that all important and relevant documents are organized and documented systematically in both soft and hard copies
- Suggest improvements in project quality, relevance, and efficiency
- Meeting all project-related deadlines
- Maintaining a smooth and professional relationship with project stakeholders
- Adhering to all PIN and donor guidelines and policies and ensuring staff adheres to the same
- Ensures correctness and completeness of information acquired and delivered
- Performs related work as assigned by the sanitation project manager
Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH)
- Carry out the duties in accordance with the PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Participate in training and awareness raising (CoC and KP, Safeguarding…).
- Ensure that his/her team members attend training and awareness sessions and carry out the duties in accordance with PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Ensure that due diligence and/or capacity assessments of partners include an assessment of partners’ implementation of key safeguarding and risk policies/ procedure including the prevention of SEAH.
- Create and maintain a fulfilling and protective environment.
- Other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the project, program or mission up on the request of line manager/CMT member
- Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
- Per diems for working and Accommodation outside of the duty office depending on the location
- Transport Allowance
- Bank loan facilities
- 20 days of paid annual and after 5 years of work an extra paid day for every year
- Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
- Medical insurance, including spouse and children
- Accident insurance for all injuries during work time based on the law
- Pension contribution of 11 % from PIN
- Paternity leave of extra 2 paid days above the mandatory 3 days
- Maternity leave according to the law and extra financial motherhood support
- Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
- PIN supports fast career growth and internal mobility
- International environment with opportunities to learn from other PIN’s country programs
- Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
- Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
- Annual staff retreat
- Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
- BA/BSC Degree in the field of WASH, Hydraulic Engineering, Water supply and environmental Engineering, Electromechanical engineering, Water resource engineering, public heath, Economics, Business Administration, Environmental health and WASH related fields
- At least Five years Experience in WASH, town Water Utility, Project planning, implementation, reporting, field monitoring, coordination with other stakeholders, experience in WASH in NGOs, etc.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via the following link: APPLY TO: Project Manager for TWU Project until May 31/2023
- Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
- People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medical Teams International Vacancy, join us on Telegram