Program Performance Coordinator (Ethiopia) – Last Mile Health Vacancy Announcements, June 27 2023
Organization: Last Mile Health
Position: Program Performance Coordinator (Ethiopia)
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Salary: $13,094- $24,733 USD
Date of Announcement: June 19 2023
Deadline: unspecified (applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and priority is given for those received within the first two weeks of posting.)
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Do you have demonstrated experience in driving performance improvement in complex organizational environments? If so, you may be the perfect fit for the Program Performance Coordinator role in Ethiopia.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Program Performance Coordinator, Ethiopia is responsible for supporting strategy, planning and performance monitoring efforts that aim to improve the overall effectiveness of the Ethiopia country program. The Program Performance Coordinator will play a critical role in equipping the Ethiopia Country Director and Director of Programs with the information they need to effectively oversee key programmatic and operational aspects of the Ethiopia country program. This role will also work in close collaboration with the Global Program Strategy and Performance Team, which supports all LMH country programs to institutionalize standard strategic and performance practices.
The Coordinator will work with the Ethiopia Country Director and the Ethiopia Director of Programs to provide coordination, planning and project management support for newly developed country strategies; annual and quarterly planning and performance monitoring; grants management; management and accountability systems and processes; and effective allocation of global technical support to the Ethiopia program. In sum, the Program Performance Coordinator will play a critical role in ensuring a common set of strategic and performance practices are institutionalized within the Ethiopia program.
This role is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and is open to candidates who are located in and have work authorization in Ethiopia.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that all key resources associated with the country program are easily accessible to different stakeholders (i.e. health system overviews, programmatic documents, etc.); as needed, help package this information in an easily accessible way for different audiences
- Collaborate with the Partnerships and Communication team to package and disseminate the country strategy for internal and external audiences
- Integrate the country strategy into annual planning and support review of the country strategy in collaboration with the Program Strategy and Performance (PSP) and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MERL) teams.
- Support the Ethiopia team in the design and communication of specific intervention or programmatic strategies, including helping with the design of the team structure, roles and expertise needed to deliver on these strategies
Program Planning and Performance
- Work closely with the Country Director and PSP to ensure that the most pertinent information related to outcomes of Ethiopia Team’s work are captured and shared.
- Support the Ethiopia Country Director and lead in regularly updating and maintaining planning, performance and risk management dashboards (objectives and key results, workplan, grant commitments, budget, risk registry)
- Lead facilitation of standard org wide practice of conducting monthly reviews of objectives and key results with the country director and their manager
- Provide coordination and project management support to prepare for and follow up from org wide practice of quarterly program reviews and revisions (i.e. deep dives)
- Ensure that all grant commitments and timelines are appropriately understood by grant leads and updated in relevant performance management systems; monitor activity timelines, budget and reporting; flag risks or delays and advise on strategic pivots and amendments; work with the grant leads and the PSP global team to prep for and facilitate monthly/quarterly grant reviews as needed
- Provide coordination and backstopping support for proposal development, grant launch, tracking systems and close-out as needed
- Provide project set up (i.e. scope of work, work plans, roles and responsibilities, budget) and ongoing project management support (i.e., setting agenda, scheduling meetings, taking notes, tracking and following up on action items, general knowledge management) for specific complex projects and grants as determined by the Country Director
- Support knowledge management activities for the Ethiopia team to package and share learning from program implementation across the country program and the organization more broadly.
Facilitation and Coordination
- Provide project management support (i.e., agenda setting, taking notes, tracking and following up on action items, etc.) for Ethiopia interdepartmental working groups (TWGs) and standing global-country coordination meetings to strengthen collaboration, define roles and align prioritization between global and Ethiopia country teams.
- Act as a “bridge” between Ethiopia and global teams by helping navigate org wide systems and processes; understand and connect with the right support teams for their needs; clarify what is required for quarterly planning, annual planning, etc.
- Provide administrative support to an org wide system and process that aligns country support requests with available technical services from global teams
Team Systems Building & Culture
- Partner with the Country Director to foster a team culture that reflects LMH’s values (such as DEI) and supports the health and performance of a new and growing team
- Contribute to team systems and culture building.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science required in a relevant field
- Formal training in project management preferred
- Relevant years of experience working in a fast paced NGO, business or government organization. Experience in public health, management consulting and/or public policy organizations desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in driving performance improvement in complex organizational environments; formal training in project or operations management preferred
- Strong project and process management skills: Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflows from start to finish; identifies opportunities to integrate, simplify or otherwise improve the efficiency of processes; adept at setting clear objectives and figuring out what to measure and how to measure it; proactively assigns responsibility for tasks and continuously looks out for opportunities to improve processes
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with diverse stakeholders in a range of multi-disciplinary settings
- Ability to adaptively manage multiple projects across different teams, cultural contexts, time zones, work habits, with high attention to detail and quality control
- Mission-driven with a commitment to health, social justice and gender equity
- Fluent in English and excellent verbal, and written communication skills
You’ll impress us if you have
- A Masters degree in a relevant field
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The band for this position: ETH-2
For Ethiopia, the range is an annual gross of $13,094- $24,733 USD dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Please note that compensation is subject to Ethiopian taxes.
How to Apply
To Apply for this vacancy Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please make sure that you have read the requirements section very well before you apply.
VIEW ON SOURCE
For more vacancy alerts like this Last Mile Health vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram