People With Disability Internship Program (Admin) – World Food Programme (WFP) Vacancy Announcement, May 12 2023
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Position: People With Disability Internship Program (Admin)
Location: Bahir dar
Deadline: May 31 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Duty Station: Bahir Dar
- Number of Positions: 2
- Contract Duration: 8 Months
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, or necessary related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply; sons, daughters, brothers, or sisters.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND & PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
We are currently seeking to fill internship positions under the WFP Admin and Programme Units. These positions will be based in Ethiopia, Amahara region Bahirdar sub-office. The Internship will be a period of 8 months. The purpose of this job is to deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery. In addition to the accountabilities for the position, the intern will primarily be responsible to coordinate, providing technical support to the indicated units and liaising with cooperating partners and assure the clear flow of the job.
PERSON WITH DISABILITY INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
The Person with disability Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting young and talented candidates across the country. The program will provide selected candidates with the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of WFP. This will promote a better understanding of WFP Ethiopia’s mandate and programs. Similarly, the program will provide WFP with qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in line with WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
WFP’s activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, safety nets, nutrition, and food assistance for asset creation through the provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers. You will be part of a dynamic team that effectively identifies, monitors evaluates and manages the organization’s strategic, operational, fiduciary, and financial risks in support of WFP’s country strategic plan for Ethiopia.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Recently graduated (within the past 2 years) studies in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Project Management, Natural Resource Management, Nutrition, and the related field of study.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent command of English;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 May 2023
This internship opportunity is open to people with disabilities.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to Apply
To Apply for this vacancy Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please make sure that you have read the requirements section very well before you apply.
For more vacancy alerts like World Food Programme vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram